Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My cutting table - finally completed!! >

My cutting table - finally completed!!

My cutting table - finally completed!!

Old 11-27-2010, 11:02 AM

I noticed as i gain wisdom in all kinds of areas in life, that i can't get down on the floor and get up as easily as i used to!! :-P :roll:

The cabinets were purchased at Habitat - gotta love that place!! These were beautiful solid wood cabinets and if there had been enough to place in my kitchen, they'd be going there instead of being used as a cutting table!!

The top is a door that used to hang going into my sewing area - but really don't need a door there.

As you see - that ham of a cat of mine has to check things out!!! :lol:

I teach school - and that is some of the school stuff that has thrown up all over my basement!! :lol: Besides - this part of the basement doesn't have an electrical outlet

even a place for my trash can!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]134565[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-134558.jpe   attachment-134559.jpe   attachment-134560.jpe  
Old 11-27-2010, 11:05 AM

you look so organized, I like your helper checking the new cutting table out..
Old 11-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Power Poster

Beautiful.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:06 AM

this is my tiny sewing area - but as you will see - i have lots of storage space. My stash isn't near as large as many, but that's ok. I really really do try to live by the motto "Finish one project before starting the next"

sewing desk - my grandfather made the desk when i was a little girl
[ATTACH=CONFIG]134566[/ATTACH]

storage cabinet - tv w/ ohio state game on!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]134567[/ATTACH]

bookcase that grandpa built to go w/ desk perfect for fabric!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]134568[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-134561.jpe   attachment-134562.jpe   attachment-134563.jpe  
Old 11-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Power Poster

You have a wonderful sewing room! :D:D:D
Old 11-27-2010, 11:11 AM

Wonderful!!!! Better than the cutting table I bought today at Joanne's.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:14 AM

i had to get my school stuff organized because i was in one bldg and it closed. Brought home all kinds of stuff that i couldn't just let be thrown out. The students in my current bldg sadly tear stuff up, throw things, would just tear up the stuff that i brought from the old bldg. So, I found an organization that is working w/ ESL families moving into the area teaching the adults & kids enough English before enrolling in the public school system. They got a lot of the stuff i brought home from the old bldg.

The CD case belonged to my GF's husband. She didn't like it and it was sitting empty, cluttering up space in her sewing area - so while he was in Iraq serving our country, she brought it to my house. The deal was that if he realized it was gone, I'd return it. If he didn't miss it, then I could keep it.

He has since been to N Korea and its been about 3 yrs - i just make sure he doesn't come into my basement!! :thumbup:

CD case turned into storage for buttons and other notions
[ATTACH=CONFIG]134571[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-134566.jpe  
Old 11-27-2010, 11:17 AM

Love, love that old card table...looks like the ones in the old libraries.
Originally Posted by 117becca
i had to get my school stuff organized because i was in one bldg and it closed. Brought home all kinds of stuff that i couldn't just let be thrown out. The students in my current bldg sadly tear stuff up, throw things, would just tear up the stuff that i brought from the old bldg. So, I found an organization that is working w/ ESL families moving into the area teaching the adults & kids enough English before enrolling in the public school system. They got a lot of the stuff i brought home from the old bldg.

The CD case belonged to my GF's husband. She didn't like it and it was sitting empty, cluttering up space in her sewing area - so while he was in Iraq serving our country, she brought it to my house. The deal was that if he realized it was gone, I'd return it. If he didn't miss it, then I could keep it.

He has since been to N Korea and its been about 3 yrs - i just make sure he doesn't come into my basement!! :thumbup:
Old 11-27-2010, 11:24 AM

i've been wanting something similar to it - and had been looking at flea markets, antique places, etc - the were always sooooo expensive! I can't believe her hubby never figured out its missing!
Old 11-27-2010, 12:42 PM

I love your sewing room and especially the lamp on the desk. What do you mean, your stash is not large?? I do have one thing that I would like to call to your attention to. I am very worried about the bottom of the curtain on your cutting table and the way it puddles at the bottom. It could become a tripping hazard for you. Believe me, I know. About a year ago, I tripped on a curtain, much like yours and fractured my leg. If I can save you from a fall, I think it is worth my "criticism" of your curtain, it would just take a few minutes to shorten it.

Happy quilting.....