Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
PE 770 and quilt labels >

PE 770 and quilt labels

PE 770 and quilt labels

Old 12-20-2010, 11:12 AM

This question is for brother PE 770 embroidery machine owners. Is it possible to use this machine to do quilt labels? I have only had my machine a few days and can't figure it out. do I need digitizing software? TIA
Old 12-20-2010, 11:18 AM

Hello, I don't have this machine, but when I googled it, the description says it comes with 136 built-in decorative patterns; 6 lettering fonts; 10 frame shapes and 12 border styles. So I would think you could use at least those items without additional software. Did you get it from a dealer? If so, I would contact them for help.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:08 PM

I have a different embroidery machine, and I use it to make quilt labels. If yours has the ability to write words, then you can use it for labels.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:18 PM

I just got the PE770 for Christmas too!
I noticed that you can do labels, but you have to do one line at the time. I go to the alphabets, pick one and pick small letters. Then I program one line in and move the line to the top of the hoop and embroider. Then I go to the second line and [place the programmed line below the first one, etc. This is what I discovered so far. Anybody out there that knows an easier way, besides buying a software program?
Old 12-20-2010, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Freddie
I just got the PE770 for Christmas too!
I noticed that you can do labels, but you have to do one line at the time. I go to the alphabets, pick one and pick small letters. Then I program one line in and move the line to the top of the hoop and embroider. Then I go to the second line and [place the programmed line below the first one, etc. This is what I discovered so far. Anybody out there that knows an easier way, besides buying a software program?
I have the software to make designs ... PM me the info and I could probably design it for you.
Old 05-20-2023, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by jlm5419 View Post
I have the software to make designs ... PM me the info and I could probably design it for you.
Can you please share what software you have as I just got my PE-770 and am wanting to make labels for the quilts that I make. Thank you
Old 05-24-2023, 04:21 AM

I've had the pe 770 for 5 yr., and have made many labels using it. I don't use software, but l do import designs using usb from my laptop. Experiment with your built-in alphabets, note how L M & S sizes look. You can position one line of lettering in the hoop. I use an air erase marker to draw lines on fabric in hoop. You can then program one line at a time, moving the position with the arrows so you don't need to rehoop. At first, l tried doing the lettering with a frame l'd already stitched, but after a couple of tries, found it better to do lettering first. Watch you leave enough room for some sort of frame, though. Again, frames can also be reduced/ enlarged somewhat...my problem was learning to leave enough space within hoop...you can't embroider to very edges!
Sometimes l don't " complete" a frame...l stop machine before it does, then go to the 'built in designs and choose one as a partial ' wall' to frame.
You need to play around to try a variety various designs...l choose a " flower sprig " sometimes, ie: something skinny. You can orient vertically or horizontally! Sometimes l use a usb and import a design l've saved to my computor . Therecare free designs available on some embroidery sites or join a " free embroidery designs" group on fb. I found it helpful to join a fb group for beginners' help. Most important, keep at it! When l first started using this machine, l'd do one item, then let the machine sit for weeks...next time, l had to learn everything all over again! So keep practicing...push buttons and arrows, and learn what does what...l promise, it won't blow up!