Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Grace Stitch Regulator questions >

Grace Stitch Regulator questions

Grace Stitch Regulator questions

Old 12-21-2010, 04:38 AM

I have a Brother 1500S sewing machine, set up on a Handiquilter 2 frame...Does anyone know if the Grace stitch regulator will work with the HQ2 frame? or does is matter???? The website doesnt not include the HQ2 as being compatible. But when I looked at the bundles they have for sale, it shows the Grace SR included in a bundle that has an HQ2 frame....Im confused hahaha

Thanks a bunch,
Old 12-21-2010, 12:18 PM

I have a stitch regulator from Grace and I think it is the MACHINE it needs to be compatible with. I would call Grace directly, though- they are fabulous to deal with and always helpful.

My stitch regulator plugs into my Juki, and the little sensors go on the carriage for the machine. So I think they could probably go on any carriage, as long as the electronics worked with your machine.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by hazeljane
I have a stitch regulator from Grace and I think it is the MACHINE it needs to be compatible with. I would call Grace directly, though- they are fabulous to deal with and always helpful.

My stitch regulator plugs into my Juki, and the little sensors go on the carriage for the machine. So I think they could probably go on any carriage, as long as the electronics worked with your machine.

Thank you so much for your reply! I was beginning to think that I was alone in this world with a chance for a Grace SR hhahahaa I did call Grace and they said it was compatible as long as I got the Sure Stitch adapter to get it to work with my frame. I know it will work with the machine. My husband and I couldnt figure out how it gets hooked up to the machine and then how it would work with the frame.....
Old 12-21-2010, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by hazeljane

Thank you so much for your reply! I was beginning to think that I was alone in this world with a chance for a Grace SR hhahahaa I did call Grace and they said it was compatible as long as I got the Sure Stitch adapter to get it to work with my frame. I know it will work with the machine. My husband and I couldnt figure out how it gets hooked up to the machine and then how it would work with the frame.....
Old 12-21-2010, 01:00 PM

Wendy-

I'll also say that while I love mine, it is finicky. I fought with it for weeks before calling Grace, and a 2 minute phone call fixed it, so if you are having any trouble- call them again. The sensors have to be placed just right, otherwise you have stitch issues. Once I had it figured out, no problems at all. I highly recommend it. Good luck.

Mags