Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Snowed in. YAY! >

Snowed in. YAY!

Snowed in. YAY!

Old 01-11-2011, 07:08 AM

It must be nice. Snowed in to us (wisconsin) would probably be 12" or more. We are still expected to make it to work. My only snowed in days are weekends when I can make the choice to stay put. Darn our snow removal equipment. Enjoy your day.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by LindaZ
It must be nice. Snowed in to us (wisconsin) would probably be 12" or more. We are still expected to make it to work. My only snowed in days are weekends when I can make the choice to stay put. Darn our snow removal equipment. Enjoy your day.
Here in Atlanta today we have interstates closed...state of emergency situation. Having lived in WV and had tons of snow it seems a bit crazy but they are not prepared---airport does not have the deicing equipment and there is a major lack of snow removal equipment. Today it is the ice on the roads because the slushy snow was not removed.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:55 AM

I live Atlanta, I heard we have 8 snow plows! I lived in snow areas most of my life and it does seem silly...but no one can drive on ice and now that is what it is. No mail, no phone, our dumpsters have been overflowing since Fri, let it snow!

DH and I went sledding yesterday on a hill across the street, into the street and the slush at the curb. Came in for hot chocolate, reading, computing (here) and quilting. Today my dr's appt was canceled, I would have cancelled it if they hadn't so another quiet day. I was up at 5 sewed some strips for a rail fence, will cut blocks later.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:04 AM

I'm psyched, my boss is closing the company for tomorrow's snow and I'll have the day to quilt. We're expecting between 10 and 18 inches of the white fluffy stuff here in Connecticut. Getting new tires today and braving the grocery store in about an hour to pick up the essentials.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:14 AM

Even we New Yorkers' look forward to being snowed in occasionally. The regular 2 to 4 or 3 to 5 gets to be hum-drum routine. It is fun being nestled in where it is warm and looking out to see the beautiful snowflakes coming down. Don't relish the teen temperatures, but mid-twenties to lower 30's makes it exciting and acceptable.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:58 AM

I am suppose to live in sunny South Carolina.
We got 9" Sunday night - Monday morning.
Refroze las night.
It is still 30 degrees at 1 pm on Tuesday.
Will refreeze agin tonight.

I am sick of it.
How do people stand it when they live in
snow all winter????
J J
Old 01-11-2011, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by jbj137
I am suppose to live in sunny South Carolina.
We got 9" Sunday night - Monday morning.
Refroze las night.
It is still 30 degrees at 1 pm on Tuesday.
Will refreeze agin tonight.

I am sick of it.
How do people stand it when they live in
snow all winter????
J J
We have the clothes for it and usually snow removal equipment available. I have lived in both cold and warm climates - I actually like the cold better - if you don't feel like going out you can always blame it on the weather!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:50 AM

Son and family stuck in Charlotte on way back home to RI from the Carribean. No deicer there. Their 18 month old is with them. no baggage. Not so fun to be snowed in there.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:57 AM

We are snowed in with ice on top now.
Made a pot of chicken soup, hubby not feeling well.
Playing here on the forum, catching up on all the threads.

It's a great day.
Blessings to all.
Sandi
Old 01-11-2011, 12:15 PM

I have never liked snow much so that is why we moved South..............mostly to get away from freezing temps. When we moved to Orlando in 1984 they had the coldest winter on record. So we moved to GA just east of Atlanta last November and now they have had the nastiest coldest winters with unusal amt of snow. I think it must follow us. But we make soup and homemade biscuits or rolls and clean out the files and drawers and I look at the quilting board a lot to see how you guys are coping. Certain amt of comfort to being snowed in a few days----sit in front of a warm fire with a cup of hot coffee and either a good book or my quilting in my lap.