Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Guild >

Quilting Guild

Quilting Guild

Old 04-05-2007, 10:39 AM

I went to our regular meeting this morning and had a blast. There were 7 ladies there that were all sewing away. One of the ladies knows that I like to do landscapes so she pulled out a beautiful pattern with flowers and Humming birds and proceeded to tell me to find some markers, which I did. Meanwhile she was digging for plastic. We then spent some time together tracing the pattern onto the plastic and marking the colors and chatting. I thought we were doing it for her but as we finished she gave it to me. That was so nice. I love the ladies at our guild. They are all older than I am and I learn so much from them every meeting.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:56 AM

I belong to a guild also I think now we have close to 700 members,lot of "snowbirds" only here seasonally and we have two meetings a month one at night for the people who work and can't make the morning meeting,but they have they same thing in both and when we have a guest speaker they speak at both meetings. then there are seperate "bees" that get together to work on projects and we have several different charitible things going on all the time and then our Quilt Show in January.we learn alot all year long and have fun :-)
Old 12-20-2007, 04:53 AM

O how nice of her. I want to join a guild so bad I can taste it! My day is coming I know this .. patience is a vitrue .. correct!
Old 12-20-2007, 01:24 PM

There are guilds online that might work for you ladies who live where there aren't any. Or, if you don't have enough ladies (or men) in your area to start a guild, perhaps there are a couple of people who would just be willing to get together regularly to quilt. Who knows, you could be the beginning of your area's future quilt guild. 8)

I can't imagine being without my guilds. I actually belong to two local guilds. One is rather large, around 100-150 people, and the other is smaller, with only around 40-50 people attending. The friends I have made through these guilds have enriched my life and made me a better person and a better quilter. In my larger guild we just ran a survey and I found it fascinating that the top two reasons most people go to a guild meeting is for 'Show and Tell' and for socializing. Third is learning new techniques, but it was actually a distant third to the other two.

My favorite times have been when I get together with 2-5 of my closest girlfriends. We get together once every other week. Right now we're working on a charity project together, helping to design part of the quilt that our guild will raffle off at our next show in 2009. Wow, talk about a learning experience! I think we each have four very different ways of thinking and working together has been a wonderful growing period for me. I really couldn't imagine my life without my guilds or the friendships I've made within them!
Old 12-20-2007, 04:42 PM

Tiffany, Your right, I sooo enjoy our monthly quild meeting, all the girls are so nice. We have guest speakers from quilt shops, we have show & tell we do projects, always something happening :thumbup: Welcome to our group, glad to have you aboard.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:50 PM

Cathy, What quilt guild to you attend? I saw on another post that you live near Berwick.

Minda
Old 12-21-2007, 11:29 AM

Minda, I think I know you, did you use to come to the Berwick guild? With Helen & your daughter? I'm Becky. :wink:
Old 12-21-2007, 12:19 PM

That's me. It's a small world, isn't it? I sent you a PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:08 AM

I am looking for a guild in the Ruston, LA area, if anyone knows about one please let me know. Thanks
Old 03-19-2011, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by azdesertrat
I belong to a guild also I think now we have close to 700 members,lot of "snowbirds" only here seasonally and we have two meetings a month one at night for the people who work and can't make the morning meeting,but they have they same thing in both and when we have a guest speaker they speak at both meetings. then there are seperate "bees" that get together to work on projects and we have several different charitible things going on all the time and then our Quilt Show in January.we learn alot all year long and have fun :-)
And I can vouch for the quality of the Tucson Quilt Show! It was awesome. The DVD was the best one I have ever seen in that it had information with the quilts shown! Not just pictures.

?Can people still buy the DVD's? online? Just asking.

ali