Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Brother 1500S and Grace Sure Stitch Regulator - help please >

Brother 1500S and Grace Sure Stitch Regulator - help please

Brother 1500S and Grace Sure Stitch Regulator - help please

Old 01-18-2011, 04:01 AM

Good Morning,
Everyone on here is a wealth of information, so I am hoping someone can help us out.

We purchased a Grace Sure Stitch Regulator from a nice lady before Christmas. She used it on a Babylock machine and I am wanting to use it on my Brother 1500S machine. My husband has put it on my machine and frame and we are having problems. We did contact the seller and she has helped us try to figure this out. But we haven't yet. So here goes the problem:

My husband followed all the instructions and the trouble shooting guide. When the SR is turned on the #5 displays as well as the green on light. He then turns the Brother machine on and its light comes on. However, when he moves the machine, it does not start stitching. He is wondering if the "jumpers" are correctly placed since the lady we bought it from had a Babylock. I guess that is our question now, "Where exactly do the "jumpers go for the Brother 1500S machine to work?"

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-18-2011, 05:20 PM

I have a Brother 1500s on a Gracey ll frame with The Grace Co Sure Stitch. The green light doesn't go on until I push the button of the SR. You may have it wired wrong. --- I have attached pictures of my SR. - Is it compatable to your frame? What are jumpers?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-163428.jpe   attachment-163429.jpe  
Old 01-18-2011, 06:28 PM

Wow thanks for the pictures!
The jumpers are the two little yellow things when you take the cover off of the control box in your first picture. Would you mind checking to see in your box where yours are located? My husband thinks that ours is not in the right spots.
Thank you so much for responding and sending pictures!!!!
Old 01-18-2011, 07:06 PM

I don't see any yellow, Took a pic of it without cover. You may need to download the pic to zoom in on it. I got mine in October. It may be a different version. On the box mine came in, it shows it is compatible to Babylock. If you continue to have trouble, you may try to contact the Grace Co.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-163499.jpe  
Old 01-18-2011, 07:14 PM

You didn't say what frame you have, but I am pretty sure that the SureStitch Stitch Regulator is machine specific. I'm not sure And depending on which frame you have, you may need an adapter for it to work. The first one I got had an issue and I had to have it replaced by the Grace Company under warranty. If you have the number for them, call and talk to them. I found them to be helpful when I did.

Good luck!
Old 01-19-2011, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by DebbyT
I don't see any yellow, Took a pic of it without cover. You may need to download the pic to zoom in on it. I got mine in October. It may be a different version. On the box mine came in, it shows it is compatible to Babylock. If you continue to have trouble, you may try to contact the Grace Co.
Debbie,
Thank you so much for posting that picture for me. When my husband comes home from work, I am going to get him to look at it closely and see what we can do. Yours is definitely different there ours. you have little blue jumpers and ours is yellow. And yours are in different positions then ours. So, maybe that is it! I am going to call Grace this morning too.

Thanks again!
Old 01-19-2011, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Ginaky
You didn't say what frame you have, but I am pretty sure that the SureStitch Stitch Regulator is machine specific. I'm not sure And depending on which frame you have, you may need an adapter for it to work. The first one I got had an issue and I had to have it replaced by the Grace Company under warranty. If you have the number for them, call and talk to them. I found them to be helpful when I did.

Good luck!
My frame is an HandiQuilter 2. We did but the adapter for it to get the SR to work with it. I am going to call them this morning. Thanks so much for your help!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:10 AM

I always learn something new.
Kirsten
Old 01-19-2011, 09:31 AM

Okay, i have found out somemore info on this situation. I called Grace Company, they told me which jumper goes where in the control box. I got the needle to go up and down once and now its not working again hahaha. The lady at Grace company thinks it might be the cables. She is sending me new ones. So we will see!
Old 04-19-2012, 05:30 AM

just read that it can be used on the brother 4000D would that help me with free motion quilting? Jean