Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Found: Free Embroidery Software >

Found: Free Embroidery Software

Found: Free Embroidery Software

Old 02-06-2011, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by BizyStitches
Well I did get this program downloaded and when I click on the icon on the desk top it freezes up my computer. I have tried to uninstall the program and it won't uninstall. Now today I've gotten an email by my internet supplier Comcast saying I have a virus. Can anyone help me out and getting rid of this program. I don't have restore on my computer, I didn't realize it was shut off or I could do that. Beware if you are wanting to download.
There is no virus with this program. You could have one but not from this or it is a false positive. Go to:
http://download.cnet.com/AVG-Anti-Vi...dlPid=11014801
It is a free Virus Scanner. Download it, do an update, then run the scanner for viruses. If there is a virus it will find it. This is a number one virus program for free.
By the way, if you have a virus and do a restore it does not get rid of the virus. So that would not have solved your problem anyway. After you run the scanner and find out if you have a virus then try uninstalling the program again. If not PM me and I will help you get if off you PC.
If the AVG does find a virus it will automactaly send it to the vault. You won't have to do anything. The program will cure it for you.
Keep AVG on your PC for the future. Everyone should have a virus program.

:thumbup:
Old 02-07-2011, 06:48 AM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

Originally Posted by DonnaRae
Well I did get this program downloaded and when I click on the icon on the desk top it freezes up my computer. I have tried to uninstall the program and it won't uninstall. Now today I've gotten an email by my internet supplier Comcast saying I have a virus. Can anyone help me out and getting rid of this program. I don't have restore on my computer, I didn't realize it was shut off or I could do that. Beware if you are wanting to download.
There is no virus with this program. You could have one but not from this or it is a false positive. Go to:
It is a free Virus Scanner. Download it, do an update, then run the scanner for viruses. If there is a virus it will find it. This is a number one virus program for free.
By the way, if you have a virus and do a restore it does not get rid of the virus. So that would not have solved your problem anyway. After you run the scanner and find out if you have a virus then try uninstalling the program again. If not PM me and I will help you get if off you PC.
If the AVG does find a virus it will automactaly send it to the vault. You won't have to do anything. The program will cure it for you.

PLEASE do not download an anti-virus program if you already have one running...recipe for big problems! Remove your old one before installing a new antivirus program.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by kathidahl
Originally Posted by DonnaRae

PLEASE do not download an anti-virus program if you already have one running...recipe for big problems! Remove your old one before installing a new antivirus program.
I could be wrong but I don't thing she does have one, because she said Comcast is telling her she has a virus. Unless of course she (or you if you are reading this) have a comcast virus scanner. If so don't download this. Run theirs. Or run whatever program you have. Should have put that in the beginning.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:36 PM

Okay, crying for help, I finally got this program uninstalled, BUT now I sit here in tears, because all and I saying tons of machine embroidery designs will not open in my software. Somehow this program has changed something with ALL of my many hundreds of designs both paid for and free. I'm really needing some help here?????

And yes I did and do have an anti virus program. Thanks for that help.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:52 AM

Okay, crying for help, I finally got this program uninstalled, BUT now I sit here in tears, because all and I saying tons of machine embroidery designs will not open in my software. Somehow this program has changed something with ALL of my many hundreds of designs both paid for and free. I'm really needing some help here?????

And yes I did and do have an anti virus program. Thanks for that help.
WooHoo, tears are dried, fixed it so it went back to normal as for opening my designs. Now ready to go to bed. I will never do that again.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:26 PM

Oh man this software is awesome.... Is it bad that I'm designing before I actually buy my machine?
Old 08-23-2011, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by bookworm
Oh man this software is awesome.... Is it bad that I'm designing before I actually buy my machine?
Not at all... you'll be ahead of the curve when your ready to stitch!