Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
BOM 1 Feb 2011 - Farmhouse Block >

BOM 1 Feb 2011 - Farmhouse Block

BOM 1 Feb 2011 - Farmhouse Block

Old 02-01-2011, 05:00 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, quess I will have to learn paper piece soon. I love the blocks. Beth in cold Co
Old 02-01-2011, 05:22 PM

Not sure if everyone is aware of it yet, but Sulabug is the first one to post a pic of her farmhouse!!! It's under the topic: 1 February 2011 BOM Farmhouse Pictures. You really need to check out the blocks on there!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :D Too cute!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by quilter41
Are all these blocks going to be PP. Need to know because I hate PP.
JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW YOU AREN'T ALONE...:}
Old 02-01-2011, 06:15 PM

Thanks for the headsup on going to the website.
pab58, I hear you about digging out after the bizzard, I think that will be a good idea, i think I have some good stash pieces that might look good on this one.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:08 PM

I couldn't find it?
Originally Posted by pab58
Not sure if everyone is aware of it yet, but Sulabug is the first one to post a pic of her farmhouse!!! It's under the topic: 1 February 2011 BOM Farmhouse Pictures. You really need to check out the blocks on there!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :D Too cute!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:34 PM

i had a problem with a template that was too long fo my paper so i went into my printer program and set it for legal size then got some legal size paper and got it.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by LaurieE
There are problems printing out this pattern for the simple reason is she has too many pieces and they won't fit on 1 page. I can't reduce my margins lower than .3 which means some of the pattern pieces get cut off. I've printed them out using landscape and portrait. It would have been better if she had these as 4 or 5 templates instead of 3.

After finally getting them printed out, I had an idea which I wish I had earlier this morning. The templates are gifs which means they will open in a photo program (like Photoshop). One option would be to open the gif and by using copy and paste, turn these into smaller units. That means you may have 6 files but you won't have to worry about getting them to all fit on 1 page.
I adjusted the margins (moved everything down) in Print Preview, printed off the top half of the page, readjusted the margins (moved everything up), and then printed off the bottom half of the page. That way I won't have anything cut off. :wink: It worked fine by doing it that way.

WOO-HOO!!!!! Just found out that I have a SNOWDAY tomorrow!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: So after I help dig out I will get started working on my farmhouse. I think I will browse through my fabrics tonight so I will be ready to go!!! Hey, if things go as I think they will, we might just get TWO snowdays out of this blizzard!!! The principal told some of our secondary students today that with the bitter cold that is to follow the storm we might not have school on Friday either! Keepin' my fingers and toes crossed!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: A long weekend will give me more time to sew and work on my teacher homework! :D I might actually get to finish one of my UFOs, too!! :shock:
I think I should take a snow day in California from my class so you are not alone. Stay at home and stay safe. I heard your storm is a big one.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
I couldn't find it?
Short & Sweet,
I sent you a PM with the picture site for you to see. Hope this helps get you there!! :D

Here is the link to the pictures:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-95864-1.htm

We will be anxiously waiting to see your finished block!!
Have Fun,
Cheryl
Sulabug
Old 02-02-2011, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by craftiladi
Thank heavens. I wish I could fin some replacements, because I so want a house quilt. I'm looking fast & furious.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:16 AM

it's a shame you dont live close enough to buddy up with someone to make the PP blocks
Originally Posted by craftiladi
Thank heavens. I wish I could fin some replacements, because I so want a house quilt. I'm looking fast & furious.