Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Creating my Family Recipe Blog & I can teach you how to create your own blog to store your family recipes, free, just send me a Private Message! >

Creating my Family Recipe Blog & I can teach you how to create your own blog to store your family recipes, free, just send me a Private Message!

Creating my Family Recipe Blog & I can teach you how to create your own blog to store your family recipes, free, just send me a Private Message!

Old 02-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Google Goddess

http://loveofcookingandjoyofbaking.blogspot.com/

Hi,

I just created a blog to store my family recipes. I am still adding to them. What a great way to share recipes and also you can print them out with the printer friendly page. You also can give them a label to look up my catergories. So much fun so I have lots of recipes to start adding to this blog. If you would like me to teach you how to set one up, I can and they are easy and free to set up. Also you can put a picture with the recipe. How exciting!

Also once you get lots of recipes on your blog you can make it into a cookbook to print out. I am going to do that once I get lots of them in the blog. It will be a great way to keep your family recipes in a cookbook.

Just send me a private message so I can help you create your own recipe blog online.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:33 PM

Great start to your blog Karen! I look forward to reading more.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:45 PM
np3
Power Poster

Just checked it out and I love it. I will definitely do this. Thanks!
Old 02-06-2011, 06:51 AM

I would love to create my family recipe "book" using a blog. I would appreciate any help you can give me.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Google Goddess

Hi Everyone,

I am up to date on my private messages and created directions below how to create a free blog (to store your recipes, links while you are surfing so you don't loose them on your favorites if you computer crashes) and this way you can share with others all over the world

If you have any questions or problems while creating it just let me know so I can help you by private message

How to create a free blog

1. first of all think of a cool name for your blog (you can store recipes that you have collected for your family recipes and I also have found a way to be able to use the print friendly button on the blog so you and others can print recipes

also you can use a blog to store links on while you are surfing the internet instead of saving them to your computer (if your computer crashes you loose all of your links in favorites) that is why I started creating blogs for myself (***yes, I learned the hard way) also on blogs you can put labels (like file folders to organize and easy to find your posts)

I am now working on a family recipe blog so much fun

****you can't sell items on a blog

also a blog you can create to share with others what craft projects you are making as well as make a list of things you are working on, post pictures and make comments, etc.

here is the link to get you started to create your blog

go to this link to get started to create your blog

1. think of a cool name for your blog
2. go to this link to get started to create your blog

http://www.blogger.com/tour_start.g

3. you will also need to download the google tool bar(free) as it makes it easier to post links on your blog while you are surfing

http://www.google.com/toolbar/ie/index.html

4. once you get these things done you can go back to your blog and design it the way you want it with templates, pictures, free gadgets, worldwide counter (to see how many visitors) free, pictures with slideshows, etc.

5. to install print friendly on your site (easy and free) this way you and others can print out recipes, etc. or things that you have posted (***do not post copyright items***)

http://www.printfriendly.com/browser_tool

and then go to

http://www.printfriendly.com/button

I printed these pages out so I could remember how to do it

any ? just send me a pm private message so I can help you
Old 02-10-2011, 12:17 AM
Google Goddess

is anyone making your recipe blogs or other types of free blogs, if you need help just send me a private message (pm) so I can help you

Craftybear