Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Alaskasunshine's fabric folding( organizing your quilt room)

Wow Poultney, you are on a really good roll! :thumbup: How fun to have a little helper! I hope you do post pix of before during and after your process! Isn't is such a wonderful feeling to be able to see what you really do have instead of digging through and pulling a zillion different fabrics out and then having such a mess to put back. This was such a great idea shared on this board!

Happy rolling :-D :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Thanks for posting this. I wish I had this kind of space, but your tute will help get my stash into shape anyway. I have a bedroom size room that serves as office and sewing room.

Wow! Look at all the fabric!. Great tute!

Great tute. Very clear pictures. My fabric is a mess. Will start looking for ways and means to change that. Lucky I have so little fabric. Your set up is like a wonderful fabric shop. Will bookmark and keep going back if only to look at the wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing.

would arm wrestle a poodle for that room..LOL... I use the 6" by 24" ruller to fold mine pretty much the same as you do. I then slip the ruler out and fold the neatly folded fabric in half. I had measured my fabric pantry inside to inside and it worked out that it would 5 stacks of fabric. The depth of the pantry worked out to the length of the folded fabric. I keep the fold facing outward so I can see what I have and then if my hands are particularily uncomfortable, I can just slide the 6" ruler under the top fabric of where I removed the fabric I was using and I can then slip it back into where it goes. If I would have had this fantastic way of keeping track prior to learning my way, I would have preferred doing it Sunshine's has. But.. I am blessed to have the two huge pantries and one smaller one and the ability to treat myself via a monthly fabric allowance to even have the fabric..

Blog Entries
    I just had to try this. Of course I have no $$ for sign board so I just used cardboard. Went to grocery store & asked for cardboard.They gave me lots of heavy duty cardboard, which I cut into 7.5x11.5 pieces. Had lots of 4x11.5 pieces left. Couldn't just toss my free cardboard, so I used those for my less than a meter cuts (seems I have lots). May have to rethink that when I get another car load of boxes. The fabric covered chair was really helpful. So far I have three shelves onto two. Still lots of room on second shelf.
    Trudy

Great job . Just done get to big of bulb or your room will be to hot. LOL your in Alaska could that happen.

Cute dog she look like mine

where do you get a bolt buddy and what is it ? what are you using to wrap the fabric around? Rooms look super organized and lovely when is shop opening lol??

Blog Entries
    :mrgreen: What a great job you did organizing :thumbup: I am just starting to do something with my room, but it will be no where near as wonderful as your

Thanks for sharing

OMG I just love the way you have your fabric all organized! In the morning I am going to go in my sewing room & measure my shelves, then call around and find the sign board. I'll see if I can pay them to cut it. Will be much faster than waiting until DH returns from a business trip. Cannot wait to get all of my fabric stored like yours! I do have a good sz stash so it will take some time but will be so worth it in the end. I inherited fabric from my MIL & my DH's grandmother when she passed. And I have been at this for over 13 yrs.LOL Thank You so very nuch for being such an inspiration and for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by janice4
    where do you get a bolt buddy and what is it ? what are you using to wrap the fabric around? Rooms look super organized and lovely when is shop opening lol??
    Go to Page One of this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingmimipj
    LOL. I SEE what it is..........I would to KNOW what it is? Is it called a bolt buddy in real like or did you find something that works for that application? Where would you get one?

LOL. I SEE what it is..........I would to KNOW what it is? Is it called a bolt buddy in real like or did you find something that works for that application? Where would you get one?
    The answer is on Page 3 of this post. :thumbup:

The answer is on Page 3 of this post. :thumbup:
    okay I lost interest..

Banned
    i tried this technique, but i found it kinda annoying and daunting to do. After each use I would have a smaller piece and found myself trying to cut down the cardboard. I find it easier just to roll it up in a neat way.

Blog Entries
    Great tutorial what kind of boards did you use and where did you find bolt buddies pm me thanks
    If I could make one more suggestion - put name of material item number yardage and place and date you bought it just in case you need more!

Quote Originally Posted by sewcrazygirl
    i tried this technique, but i found it kinda annoying and daunting to do. After each use I would have a smaller piece and found myself trying to cut down the cardboard. I find it easier just to roll it up in a neat way.
    I agree this is not for everyone ...I rather be sewing, creating.... than be this organized.. although after a project I need to put away and start over ..............I can't be this organized. It looks beautiful...

Banned
    I can't be this organized. It looks beautiful...
    You should see my garage! LOL I gave up on Organization. I rather be sewing or shopping :)

Loved your ideas and your stash! As a brand new member your pages has answered my question of how to store my fabrics better. Thanks! :thumbup:

Is sunshine an Aussie or yorkie

Quote Originally Posted by quilterwanabe7
    Is sunshine an Aussie or yorkie
    Alaskasunshine is me & my little sweetie pie a yorkie. She is a doll! On another thread with our 3 Yorkies on a treadmill...it is called Treadmill Tails you can see her with her tail and her momma is silverish and brother is huge.!!!

For those of you looking to get the coroplast at a relatively inexpensive price see the link below. I ordered from here so I could get this done for my newly redesigned quilt room, just waiting on hubby to cut it in the sizes I need.

http://www.beacongraphics.com/supplies/coroplast.html

Quote Originally Posted by violet
    For those of you looking to get the coroplast at a relatively inexpensive price see the link below. I ordered from here so I could get this done for my newly redesigned quilt room, just waiting on hubby to cut it in the sizes I need.

http://www.beacongraphics.com/supplies/coroplast.html
    Violet,
    thanks so much for sending the link. I got mine locally for $17.00, for a 4' X 8' sheet. Then my husband cut them up into the right sizes for me. Please let us see our progress as you get things going. Someone had a great idea to use the coroplast!

Blog Entries
    what is the 4 x 8 piece made out of for your fabric folding

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast