Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Izy's Uneven Log Cabin Tute!!

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by Alondra
    Izy, is there any other format you can send this in? I cannot unzip it, because I don't have that program and don't want to purchase it. Thank you so much!
    I am so sorry that you are having difficulties opening the file. If you google ...'free winrar' that are numerous free downloadable programmes that will do it in a jiffy for you, or as someone else suggested saving the file and opening it with acrobat...

Let me know how you get on, or maybe somebody else has more suggestions?

:thumbup:

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by Margie
    OMG THAT IS GORGEOUS. Is the center square embroidered, appllique or printed?
    It's fused applique Margie..

Here's a link to the progress of the quilt and the finished project!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-98075-1.htm

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-105918-1.htm

:D :D :D

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by illinois
    Is one of those blocks in the picture turned the wrong direction or is it supposed to be that way?
    Well done! I have been wondering how long it would take for some one to spot it! Thankfully the blocks were just laid out on the floor in this shot LOL!!

Izy!

Your quilt is beautiful and thank you so much for the tute! In your directions you said that you download the 8.5" uneven log cabin from the net. Would you share the addy for that please?

Quote Originally Posted by bjcombs2022
    Izy!

Your quilt is beautiful and thank you so much for the tute! In your directions you said that you download the 8.5" uneven log cabin from the net. Would you share the addy for that please?
    Yes, please! I`m on a computer that isn`t technically mine so I`m not in a position to download whatever program is required to unzip the tute. I realize it`s just a matter of "skinny lights and thicker dark logs" but it`s frustrating to be offered a tute and unable to access it.

Love the colors in your quilt. Nice work

Izy
    Izy!

Hmmmm...I will have to do a google as I forgot to save it!

I will see what I can find for you Bonnie!

Here is one for a 7" finished block, to enlarge just add more rounds to it!

http://www.thequiltedsnail.com/patte...erLogCabin.pdf

Here's a link to a good blog where she is showing you several layout options

http://quiltspluscolor.blogspot.com/...log-cabin.html

Thank you so much!

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by carlasuewho
    Izy!

Yes, please! I`m on a computer that isn`t technically mine so I`m not in a position to download whatever program is required to unzip the tute. I realize it`s just a matter of "skinny lights and thicker dark logs" but it`s frustrating to be offered a tute and unable to access it.
    Carla, it was suggested saving the file, then opening it works! Try that please

What a great quilt.

Thank you Izy!! It is beautiful!

[quote=Izy][quote=carlasuewho][quote=bjcombs2022]Izy!

I did save it, but still couldn't open it. :(

Izy
    [quote=Alondra][quote=Izy][quote=carlasuewho]
    Izy!

I did save it, but still couldn't open it. :(
    Oh poo!

:thumbdown:

Let's hope somebody else has an idea to help you! :D

Thank you Izy! I appreciate it!

Beautiful quilt! Thanks so much for writing up the directions and posting them for us. I was able to open (unzip) the file and especially enjoyed your terminology (squiffy, doddle, squint) :-) Not so often heard on this side of the pond.

Did you consider using paper rather than Vilene?

very nice, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
    Quote Originally Posted by sherrielynn
    Izy,
    Thank you for all your hard work and great tutorial. Very precise and easy to follow. I was able to open as is nowon Acrobat Reader. "?"

I am grateful.

Sherrie
    Thanks for the idea of the Acrobat Reader. Rather than try to open the zip file, I saved it & had no problem opening & saving it. It's 31 pages long :shock: so will wait until I'm sure I'm ready for it, before printing it off.
    Absolutely great job on the tute IZY
    What I did was print it 2 pages on one page, which saved both the paper and the ink. I did copy an extra page 6 as it was quite small to see. But then too, I did save it also so I can go back and see it.
    For those of you who don't have a light box, you can do something like I did. I went to the dollar store and got one of those battery operated lights one hangs in a closet, and I had one of the little rectangle plastic baskets and a piece of plexiglass. I lined the basket with aluminum foil to keep the light inside and also to reflect it to the top. I put in the light and pushed it to turn it on, and covered all with the plexiglass.....my light box that is small, portable, and quite cheap. I hope this helps others.
    Thanks Izy for the great tute! What a great quilt for your friend!
    Janis

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by newestnana
    Beautiful quilt! Thanks so much for writing up the directions and posting them for us. I was able to open (unzip) the file and especially enjoyed your terminology (squiffy, doddle, squint) :-) Not so often heard on this side of the pond.

Did you consider using paper rather than Vilene?
    Oh trust me vilene is a much better option, not only don't you have the painful and very messy process of pulling all the papers out, but the vilene helps to keep everything neat and it doesn't add any bulk at all

Glad you liked my terminology as long as you understand them LOL!!!

;) ;)

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by Janis
    Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
    Quote Originally Posted by sherrielynn
    Izy,
    Thank you for all your hard work and great tutorial. Very precise and easy to follow. I was able to open as is nowon Acrobat Reader. "?"

I am grateful.

Sherrie
    Thanks for the idea of the Acrobat Reader. Rather than try to open the zip file, I saved it & had no problem opening & saving it. It's 31 pages long :shock: so will wait until I'm sure I'm ready for it, before printing it off.
    Absolutely great job on the tute IZY
    What I did was print it 2 pages on one page, which saved both the paper and the ink. I did copy an extra page 6 as it was quite small to see. But then too, I did save it also so I can go back and see it.
    For those of you who don't have a light box, you can do something like I did. I went to the dollar store and got one of those battery operated lights one hangs in a closet, and I had one of the little rectangle plastic baskets and a piece of plexiglass. I lined the basket with aluminum foil to keep the light inside and also to reflect it to the top. I put in the light and pushed it to turn it on, and covered all with the plexiglass.....my light box that is small, portable, and quite cheap. I hope this helps others.
    Thanks Izy for the great tute! What a great quilt for your friend!
    Janis
    Hey great idea for a quick and cheap light box Janis

I wonder why some of the text came out small, as I used the same font and size throughtout...made it a bit bigger as I know I prefer that and presumed everyone else did, this is what made it 31 pages long...oh and ALL the photo's I included, can't beat visual prompts can you

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing, love your quilt :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you so very much for taking the time to do this tut for us. It is soooo very much appreciated...Love the quilt, it's the next one on my list. Thanks again, Wendy

Thank you so much for the download. I just love your quilt and the colors you used.

thequiltlady.blogspot.com

Izy,how sweet of you to take the time to share making this lovely quilt for the rest of us.You should enter this ina show. Surely the others out there will love it as much as all of us do.

BMP
    Blog Entries
    Just curious about your pictured quilt is the placement of the 4th block down 2nd bloc in right ???

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by BMP
    Just curious about your pictured quilt is the placement of the 4th block down 2nd bloc in right ???
    Your only the 2nd to notice, thankfully it was just the blocks roughly laid out as I progressed in the making of all the blocks, as you can see in my avatar all blocks correctly rotated LOL!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast