Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Boxy Bullseye and Mini-Tut (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/boxy-bullseye-mini-tut-t202566.html)

SewExtremeSeams 10-07-2012 03:23 PM

Wow, your latest photo sure shows the color better. Even cooler. Thanks. It could be used to make an I spy type of quilt for kids.

n2scraplvr 10-07-2012 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 5569182)
Wow, your latest photo sure shows the color better. Even cooler. Thanks. It could be used to make an I spy type of quilt for kids.

Yes, some kid is going to be happy with this quilt!! I will continue using the novelty prints in the centers for a fun quilt for a kid, teen or adult! One of the prints has garden seed packets that says, Pansy, Sunflower and Basil! I will have fun digging thru the stash for some fun fabrics. No telling what I'll find!! :)

Pinkiris 10-07-2012 05:44 PM

I really like this quilt and the method of making it! It's not like anything I've ever seen. will you post a picture once it's finished and washed so that we can see how it "rags" up?

Thanks for doing the tut for us!

n2scraplvr 10-07-2012 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Pinkiris (Post 5569457)
I really like this quilt and the method of making it! It's not like anything I've ever seen. will you post a picture once it's finished and washed so that we can see how it "rags" up?

Thanks for doing the tut for us!

Thank you, Pinkiris! Yes, I sure will post a pic after it's all washed and raggy as I can't wait to see it myself!

For everyone else, I forgot to mention that this quilt is not just limited to a circle shape!! Yes, you can make it a star shape, hexagon, circle, boxy circle, or even just squares or tilt the squares and you'll have a wonky square bullseye!!

I drew a pic of my pattern for a Hexagon Bullseye since I was considering it, but will draw a pattern in Paints for those who might be interested and post it here soon. My pen and ink drawing is not too suitable for download since it was a draft. It would, of course, have to be PP. Will post that pattern for whoever may want it. Thanks again, Pinkiris and am so glad you love my quilt! :thumbup:

n2scraplvr 10-07-2012 07:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, I went to Paints and drew my pattern for the hexie bullseye and you can see how the hexie appears when the 4 blocks come together. Drawing with a comp mouse is not my ideal way to draw, but I think you can see how it will look from my drawing. This would have to be PP for it to come out hexie shaped, but would be very nice in a mini size! [ATTACH=CONFIG]368312[/ATTACH]
Hexie Bullseye Pattern

twinkie 10-08-2012 03:26 AM

First, let me say that your tutorial is done very nicely. It is easy to use and understand. I love it. I did one using circles but it had a very different layout, http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t185454.html . Now, here is my question. Why couldn't you do one just using squares without cutting off the corners, using either layout? As I looked at the pictute of your blocks, this thought came to me and I wanted another opinion.

bibi 10-08-2012 04:11 AM

You are a very talented and kind to share the tutorial. Thanks for sharing

quilting nurse 10-08-2012 04:20 AM

You can also just cut a square then 3 circles in decreasing sizes and sew circles on square( around the circles)...then just cut the sewn square into 1/4ths (down sewn square then across the square.)You will have 4 pieces and then mix up all the segments and sew together.

twinkie 10-08-2012 04:49 AM

That is what I did in the above post where I showed a different kind of scrappy but I didn't put them back into circles when I was done. It is time consuming but turns out real nice, I think.

Originally Posted by quilting nurse (Post 5570082)
You can also just cut a square then 3 circles in decreasing sizes and sew circles on square( around the circles)...then just cut the sewn square into 1/4ths (down sewn square then across the square.)You will have 4 pieces and then mix up all the segments and sew together.

ppquilter 10-08-2012 04:52 AM

Great job and nice tute! :)