Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Candlequilter Star Block (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/candlequilter-star-block-t118779.html)

GwenH 04-27-2011 08:51 PM

Wow, that is beautiful! Thank-you for taking the time to do the wonderful tutorial for us! I also look forward to the Paper Piecing Method.

amma 04-28-2011 08:55 PM

Thank you so much for this tute :D:D:D

tupoms 04-29-2011 03:27 AM

Great tut. Must try it .. a lot. Thanks

KandiKane 05-01-2011 12:52 AM

Great pattern , going to make this , was looking for an easy pattern, thank you for the tute..

LoriEl 05-01-2011 09:35 AM

Thanks!

quilterguy27 05-02-2011 10:08 AM

Beautiful block. I can't wait to give it a try. I saw someone else asked about the thickness and quilting. Three layers and fusible. Sounds like it's going to be tough to quilt thru.

I also have a suggestion. On your second block (the demo one), I think it would look fantastic if you fussy cut the smallest diamonds. I think it would make a great kalidescope (sp) like pattern.

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I'm watching for the pp pattern.

Arleners 05-02-2011 07:25 PM

Wow! thanks for working that out. It is a beautiful block!

candlequilter 05-02-2011 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
Beautiful block. I can't wait to give it a try. I saw someone else asked about the thickness and quilting. Three layers and fusible. Sounds like it's going to be tough to quilt thru.

I also have a suggestion. On your second block (the demo one), I think it would look fantastic if you fussy cut the smallest diamonds. I think it would make a great kalidescope (sp) like pattern.

There is such a small area that actually has all three layers you would be surprised. Plus I used a lightweight fusible so its not hard to sew thru.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

Farm Quilter 05-03-2011 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by candlequilter

Originally Posted by quilterguy27

There is such a small area that actually has all three layers you would be surprised. Plus I used a lightweight fusible so its not hard to sew thru.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

I have hand appliqued through 3 layers of fusible...hard but I was able to do it. I have machine quilted through 8 layers of fusible and had no problem whatsoever. Both were wall hangings though. I don't know if I would want to use that much fusible on a full sized quilt.

I never had a problem with my needles getting gummed up and I use the heavy-weight Pellon.

SYLVIA HACKE 05-03-2011 08:09 PM

i will be adding this one to my to do list, that was a nice tut, very clear on the directions. thanks bunches