Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Card Trick blocks an easy way (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/card-trick-blocks-easy-way-t100648.html)

Sewslow 02-19-2011 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
Did the pattern come up for you, Irishrose, I still haven't gotten it on my screen?

Jan in VA

Thank you. It didn't show on my screen in QB but "download" opened mine in Open Office since I use it and Word Perfect. In Open Office I converted it to a PDF. So many projects, so little time ... (more if I stayed off QB, but then I'd have fewer projects.)

2piecemaker 02-19-2011 11:38 AM

Thank you Laurlync and Jan for the pdf I have printed and will my guild be glad we have been wanting to do blocks and put them together. We do quilts for the soldiers in Afghanistan Maria

quiltingnana1 02-19-2011 11:40 AM

Thanks, Jan. This is one block I have admired, but never tried. Now I don't have an excuse for not trying it! :-)

gramabiese 02-19-2011 11:56 AM

I'm posting the pattern I wrote for making the Card Trick block using squares and rectangles, not a triangle in sight in the block.

The block is then set on point within the top, with setting triangles instructions included here, too.

Jan in VA

I couldn't find the setting triangle instructions. Did I miss something.

Jan in VA 02-19-2011 02:29 PM

[quote=gramabieseI couldn't find the setting triangle instructions. Did I miss something.[/quote]

Everyone, check again in the latest download, page 8- part way down the page - for a better/easier to open pattern with ALL the sections.

I'm so sorry for the confusion on this!

Jan in VA

swanrd 02-20-2011 04:28 AM

Thank you so much and please do somemore easier ways for us that are visual quilters.

DewDropInn4Coughfee 02-20-2011 05:08 AM

just downloaded the pattern...ty for sharing

Roberta 02-20-2011 06:58 AM

I'm posting the pattern I wrote for making the Card Trick block using squares and rectangles, not a triangle in sight in the block.

The block is then set on point within the top, with setting triangles instructions included here, too.

Jan in VA

Darn, I don't have Wordpad on my computer any longer. My son "helped" me get rid of programs and deleted that one even though it was the one I use all the time. :cry:

Rascalonious 02-20-2011 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by laurlync
Here are the instructions all put together in pdf.

Thanks again, Jan. Wonderful tutorial!!

Thank you so much for converting this to PDF. I also do not have Word.

Rascalonious 02-20-2011 07:10 AM

Jan in VA

Thank you Jan for writing up the tutorial. Looks like a fun one to try, that's for sure!