Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   hanging ruler holder (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/hanging-ruler-holder-t127807.html)

wildyard 06-08-2011 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1
Thanks for sharing. Great project!! I bet that could be adapted to be attached to a door as well.

absolutely!! You can use grommets then hang it on hooks.

Matilda 06-09-2011 04:14 AM

Thank you Linda for the tutorial. I need to get my rulers organized.

wildyard 06-09-2011 06:30 AM

Arghhhhhhhhh!!! Sorry to say I am having trouble with my double sided sticky tape. Last nite it let go and my holder ended up just leaning against the side of the desk.
I am going to have to investigate another form of attachment for this. The tape is still attached to the desk, but the velcro came apart from the tape. It's the tape/velcro connection that isn't holding. :(

OKLAHOMA PEACH 06-09-2011 09:18 AM

Great idea, Thank You!

Matilda 06-09-2011 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard
Arghhhhhhhhh!!! Sorry to say I am having trouble with my double sided sticky tape. Last nite it let go and my holder ended up just leaning against the side of the desk.
I am going to have to investigate another form of attachment for this. The tape is still attached to the desk, but the velcro came apart from the tape. It's the tape/velcro connection that isn't holding. :(

Linda, what about putting a sleeve on the back and run a rod through it that it can be hung by?

sawsan 06-09-2011 10:48 AM

Great Linda I am going to make one 4 me cus I have 3 new rulers beside the old one and deserve a new home

kathymarie 07-12-2011 04:32 AM

Thanks for the wonderful idea and great tute...I'm bookmarking this...in the process of cleaning and re-organizing so this looks like a needed project! Good job...*btw....my brain is fibro foggy too....good luck with that as well*

craftybear 07-12-2011 05:42 PM

great idea Matilda

Originally Posted by Matilda

Originally Posted by wildyard

Linda, what about putting a sleeve on the back and run a rod through it that it can be hung by?

wildyard 07-13-2011 11:13 AM

Yes I agree, Matilda, that is a great idea. Since my desk is metal, I also am trying some of the new very strong magnets, which seem to be holding so far.
Anyone else who comes up with a good idea, please share it with us!!
Hugs and smilesssss...

BettyGee 07-13-2011 01:23 PM

Outstanding tutorial! Thank you for taking the time to make it so clear for us. A very neat idea.