Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Machine Stitched Cathedral Window Tutorial (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/machine-stitched-cathedral-window-tutorial-t35742.html)

lowjane 10-06-2012 10:22 AM

I would love to see your finished project and how you finished the outside edges

Jane

lowjane 10-06-2012 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Newby0709 (Post 5224128)
Here's how I treated the sides. I didn't have a king-size bed to display it. I think you can get an idea. I had no pattern, just took Eddie's tutorial and played with it.[ATTACH=CONFIG]335981[/ATTACH]

You did a super job and I would like t make the same sized quilt, Can you tell me what amount of background fabric you used?

Thank you for any advice!

Monroe 10-06-2012 09:05 PM

Was just roaming around the site and saw this since lowjane had brought it to the forefront by commenting today. I read the whole thread, and have to say this is one of the best tutorials ever, as the pics are very clearly illustrating the process.
I do wonder about the appearance of the back- I'm assuming there is a bar tack at the center of each block where the points are tacked down?

jannxin 10-07-2012 11:34 AM

Did you sew down the middle of this row from beginning to end OR did you just tack each center flap with just a few stitches, break thread and keep tacking center flaps down? These are Very Great Pics for each step so far, but I'm not understanding how you sewed down the center flaps "points in the middle" of the block as you called them. Thank you for your Help with this instruction b/c I'm really eager to make one of these with the batiks just as you have - IT'S BEAUTIFUL....

jannxin 10-07-2012 11:41 AM

Thank you Eddie & June....

coachmatthewsvhs 10-10-2012 04:20 PM

would love for you to show the finished project here!!!! Great tute.... I even understand it all!! Thank you!

slbram17 11-25-2012 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Eddie (Post 5426162)
Hello, all! User juneayerza sent me my tutorial here in a PDF format so I'm posting it here for all of you that would like to download it for future reference. Thanks, June!! :thumbup:

Thanks for posting this.

louisequilts 11-26-2012 05:30 PM

First day on this site and I already love Eddie's tut! I'm so inspired to make one. I've always wanted a class and now with this, I feel confident I can make them. Thanks for posting this Eddie! Louise

louisequilts 12-17-2012 09:53 AM

Wow! That apron sounds lovely!

If you still have it you should post a picture. I would love to see it. I just started making my first thanks to this tutorial.
Louise

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 770295)
Thanks Eddie! :)

My mom made me an apron back in the 80's using CW as the bib and a border on the bottom...I love that thing, and have always wanted to make one...maybe after I get my Stickle quilt done!

litacats 01-08-2013 02:08 AM

WOW I love this tutorial thank you so much for all the effort you went to making it for us all