Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Making and Using Triangle Blocks in Your Quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/making-using-triangle-blocks-your-quilts-t140936.html)

cheryl rearick 03-10-2012 02:17 PM

Appreciate you sharing your info Jan :) :) :)

All Thumbs 03-10-2012 04:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Jan - I remember you from the original Board and am so glad to have found you once again. Now, if I can figure out how to bookmark you (or whatever it is now called) I will really be happy.

Thank you for these useful pages of triangles for blocks and borders! I make a lot of Project Linus quilts and these borders will set off some one-block centers I have started. See photo attached.[ATTACH=CONFIG]318805[/ATTACH]
All that I will have to do is make a wide plain border and then continue on with one of your neat tricks. Thank you.

eann 03-10-2012 06:58 PM

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! I so appreciate having these instructions all in one Tutoral. I have little slips of papers with one or another instruction...now they are so easy and complete. Thanks, again!!!

grammy of 6 03-10-2012 07:16 PM

Thank you so much, what a great tutorial!

cfmdesigns 03-11-2012 07:36 AM

how to use triangles that are already cut?

:D These are wonderful ways to use "freshly cut" half square triangles, however I have another question: I have a lot of triangles that were cutoffs from another project (45 degree diamonds). :confused: Does anyone have suggestions about using those little pieces that are no longer part of any square? I'm thinking just be really careful not to stretch out the bias edge. Any other tips?

Carol in Chicago

Dianemarie 03-11-2012 07:53 AM

Thank you so much - the info is printing as I type. Will be putting that to good use !

Happy Quilting !

Jan in VA 04-10-2012 02:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by cfmdesigns (Post 5049990)
:D These are wonderful ways to use "freshly cut" half square triangles, however I have another question: I have a lot of triangles that were cutoffs from another project (45 degree diamonds). :confused: Does anyone have suggestions about using those little pieces that are no longer part of any square? I'm thinking just be really careful not to stretch out the bias edge. Any other tips?
Carol in Chicago

Carol,
I have a shoebox full of individual triangles cut from other projects. When I'm bored, tired, have a few spare moments, I sew triangles together in light/dark pairs. Doesn't matter if they "fit" as I trim them later to size. Now when I want HSTs for our guild's community quilt projects, I have a good head start.

Jan in VA

burchquilts 05-17-2012 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by pjustice63 (Post 3807574)
Great to have it all in one place. Thanks.

Exactly! Thank you so much!!!

krysti 05-17-2012 06:57 PM

What an awesome, and easy to understand tutorial! Sometimes I have a hard time understanding things if they are not in plain simple terms for newbies like me. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING, JAN!!!! :)

Cindy60545 05-21-2012 02:20 AM

Thanks Jan! I could have used this a few days ago when my brain decided to take a hike & I couldn't remember about HST! I have it now, thanks to you, in my reference file!