Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Maple Leaf Mug Rugs - Pictorial Tutorial & Pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/maple-leaf-mug-rugs-pictorial-tutorial-pattern-t152026.html)

GrammaBabs 09-11-2011 12:27 PM

these are fabulous.... i'll be trying to make some as nice as yours.... Paisley is just the ticket for these... nice choice... and thank you...

Jennie and Me 09-11-2011 01:31 PM

Thank you so much for this pattern. I love it!

wvdek 09-11-2011 01:41 PM

What a nifty idea. Really cute.

heljoy50 09-11-2011 04:59 PM

Thank you for a great Tutorial! They are lovely! I am going to make some of these for Christmas gifts.

sewlisa 09-11-2011 05:04 PM

My Mom would love them. She collects maple leaf items since my family used to make syrup. (We haven't made any since the tenant burned down the sugar shack looking for something amongst the papers and wood with a lighted match. Accident? Hmmm...)

BuzzinBumble 09-11-2011 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by emsgranny
Love tute - is there a way to print out just the tute?? - (I am not very computer saavy lol) thanks cheryl :thumbup:

Cheryl, I don't know if there is any kind of an option like that linked into the Quilting Board. I would just left click your mouse to highlight and select whatever parts you want, then right click it and click on "copy". Then you can open a new Microsoft Works or Word document and paste each section into that. It works on the pictures too. Glad you liked this enough to want to do that! Hope that helps!

BuzzinBumble 09-11-2011 05:31 PM

Thank you everyone for all the really nice things you've written. It makes me very happy to know you all liked this idea and tutorial! :D :D :D

Originally Posted by QuiltE
Oh so nicely Canadian and seasonal! :)

Would make for great hostess gifts at this time of the year, or for Canucks to take as gifts when they are travelling at any time of the year!

Well Done!! :)

Hi QuiltE and thank you too! We are definitely influenced by all things Canadian. Maybe that's why I chose a maple leaf, eh? LOL! We can see your country every day right across the river and half our shoppers in this area are from Ontario.

BuzzinBumble 09-11-2011 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by purrfectquilts
Very nice. Just the thing for fall. I wanted to make a wreath for our door, but the supplies alone added up to way too many dollars. These in various sizes could be used. Plus they would make a great gift for all the people at our bank. Thanks. Good job.

Originally Posted by montanajan
Terrific idea, as well as directions.
I believe I'm going to do this for Christmas gifts - only instead of a maple leaf, I'll draw a fat Christmas tree and use your directioins.
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks purrfectquilts & Montana Jan for those excellent ideas!

QuiltE 09-11-2011 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble

Originally Posted by QuiltE
Oh so nicely Canadian and seasonal! :)

Would make for great hostess gifts at this time of the year, or for Canucks to take as gifts when they are travelling at any time of the year!

Well Done!! :)

Hi QuiltE and thank you too! We are definitely influenced by all things Canadian. Maybe that's why I chose a maple leaf, eh? LOL! We can see your country every day right across the river and half our shoppers in this area are from Ontario.

And here I thought you were on "this" side of the Falls!! :)

cathylynn 09-11-2011 07:39 PM

very pretty. great idea. thanks for the tute.