Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   My Avatar Pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/my-avatar-pattern-t12892.html)

Paganquilter 11-04-2008 10:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is as much a tutorial for me as it is for any of you. When it comes to designing patterns, no problem! When it comes to writing instructions for my own patterns... not so great. The pattern I'm making available (as there have been more than a few requests) does not at this time have written instructions to go with it. These are completely untested, uncharted waters here.

For those brave souls who would like to try the pattern, please--ask questions galore! The questions addressed here will help me put together suitable written instructions, and also show me what to keep in mind for future patterns. It's probably simpler to keep questions in this thread, rather than get bombarded with PM's.

Pictures of finished work posted here or in the pictures section would be more than welcome! :)

Thank you so much for being willing to give a budding designer a shot! :) It's more appreciated than you can know!

Onwards, brave souls, into uncharted waters! Here is the pattern for my avatar quilt :-) Enjoy!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]57669[/ATTACH]

MelissaK 11-04-2008 10:43 AM

Simply gorgeous! I will have to put that on my to do list.... wish I didn't have so many unfinished christmas presents!

Paganquilter 11-04-2008 10:52 AM

Thank you so much! *HUGS* It's a little scary for me, letting one of my "babies" loose in the world :P

If this one works out, I may have one or two more for trials here. :) This is far from my best one, though I'm still proud of it.

pocoellie 11-04-2008 11:24 AM

It's even more beautiful close up!! I've saved the tutorial but it'll be awhile before I attempt it.

Elizabeth A. 11-04-2008 12:18 PM

It is quite pretty, no wonder your proud of it. Thanks for offering the pattern.

Feathers 11-04-2008 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Paganquilter
This is as much a tutorial for me as it is for any of you. When it comes to designing patterns, no problem! When it comes to writing instructions for my own patterns... not so great. The pattern I'm making available (as there have been more than a few requests) does not at this time have written instructions to go with it. These are completely untested, uncharted waters here.

For those brave souls who would like to try the pattern, please--ask questions galore! The questions addressed here will help me put together suitable written instructions, and also show me what to keep in mind for future patterns. It's probably simpler to keep questions in this thread, rather than get bombarded with PM's.

Pictures of finished work posted here or in the pictures section would be more than welcome! :)

Thank you so much for being willing to give a budding designer a shot! :) It's more appreciated than you can know!

Thank you Paganquilter: Like others who responded, I may have to wait until there are some really specific instructions before I start this. It's so gorgeous I'd love to give it a go but I'm a bit afraid it might be over my peabrained head. Thank you for posting. I'll book mark it for future acts of bravery.

Quilter101 11-04-2008 04:50 PM

love this pattern I'm a beginner though, but I might attempt it. :) Who knows though

Quilter101 11-04-2008 04:52 PM

I looked closer at it, and sadly, no way until there are instructions(and I'm a lot better) I will add this to my pile of must creates.
It's a must have to my collection!

Paganquilter 11-04-2008 07:02 PM

That's alright, this is a learning experience for us all. Hopefully, one or two will be able to try it, and ask enough questions where I can add on some good instructions.

thimblebug6000 11-04-2008 08:30 PM

Sorry, can't open your download, my computer says something about having to close & reopen under administrator for windows media player ??