Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   QAYG No hand sewing! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/qayg-no-hand-sewing-t36303.html)

plainpat 11-13-2010 02:56 AM

Thanks for the info.I hope to use the tute & the pics make it very clear.Was wondering about using glue also.
Then saw your "using a bias maker " & that made my day :D .Have been trying to find enough info from a bias maker owner to decide on buying one.Yours is the 1st mention I've seen except for binding a quilt.What size bias strip maker would I need for using the tute?Thanks & hope you'll share pics, if & when.

Originally Posted by Newby0709
K3n, thank you for this tutorial. I tried it and loved the simplicity of the procedure and the outcome. I used glue instead of the way you recommended, just because I had never tried glue. I like that also. Today I went to Joann's and got the tiny tip for the glue bottle as has been recommended in other threads. For the backing piece, cut 1 1/2 inches, finished to 3/4 inch, I used a bias tape maker and it was so simple. I am excited to finish the project I am currently on and do a quilt in this method. Thanks for your detailed, simple instructions.

plainpat 11-13-2010 03:03 AM

You are sure good at making a tute! Every step is clear & for me, a visual person, the pics help so much.Thanks for doing this,know it must have taken a lot of time.Hope to see more tutes from you. Thanks again

asmmauer 11-20-2010 07:10 AM

thanks so much fo ra great tut

Carol Wilson 11-20-2010 12:20 PM

There are some great tutes on this site the QAYG especially along with "Tube Quilting" don't forget to "Bookmark" them ladies for future reference.

Dollysquiltingmom 11-20-2010 12:24 PM

Thank you!!!

k3n 11-21-2010 07:37 AM

Thanks everyone for your positive feedback - I may be teaching this technique as a course locally in the near future and you've all given me the confidence to go for it!

omak 11-28-2010 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by k3n
Thanks everyone for your positive feedback - I may be teaching this technique as a course locally in the near future and you've all given me the confidence to go for it!

You will be a GREAT teacher!
Especially helpful is the fact that you see "more" when looking at things than many others.
Good show! <wave>

k3n 11-29-2010 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by omak

Originally Posted by k3n

You will be a GREAT teacher!
Especially helpful is the fact that you see "more" when looking at things than many others.
Good show! <wave>

Thanks Omak, that is a sweet thing to say! :-D

sheilajstewart 11-29-2010 03:08 PM

This, I believe I can do! Thank you for the glimpse into you life.I too was raised in southern England, Salisbury to be exact. I have attempted a wall hanging of Stonehenge but I have a long way to go!

WVNana 11-29-2010 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by k3n
31. Then bind the quilt in the usual way ! I used the same black as the sashing to create a stained glass window effect.

That's it! Hope it was OK and that if you give it a try, you'll show your pics. ;-) :-D

Thanks for the tute. It seems really easy.