Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Rabbit's Jelly Roll Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/rabbits-jelly-roll-quilt-t89536.html)

Rabbit 01-11-2011 07:04 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Start with at least 32 strips (2 1/2" wide) x WOF.

Sew 4 strips together, side by side. Iron all seams in the same direction. Cut the left side to where you have a clean edge to work off of. From that edge cut the strip set into 8" segments. Thie should yeild 5 segments. You will need two segments to make 1 block. Do this with all strip sets.

Pick out 2 segments. Fit them together, 1 on top of the other, with the middle seams lined up. This next step works well on a rotating cutting mat. Center the middle seam in the center of the rotating cutting mat, on the 6" hash mark. Line up your ruler on the 2" mark on the top and the 10" mark on the bottom. Trim the segments even. Rotate the board now so the bottom is at the top. Trim on the same 2" and 10" hash marks. This will square up the segments to 8" square. Rotate the cutting mat again so that you can cut the square into two trangles.

Take the two triagles and turn them so that the points are facing each other. Take the top from each and place it 1/4 turn to the empty space next to the triangle. This will make your block. I turn the block so that I am looking at a triangle. Take the top left section and match it to the bottom left section. Sew it from the center out. You will have bias edges so it is important not to pull the material. Repeat this process with the right side.

Iron these strip sets. Match up the sets at the center of each, you should be able to nest your seams in the middle. Keeping the seams nested, sew from one edge to the other. Again, trim your block to a square 10" block. This will get rid of the points that are sticking out at the corners. Sash between the blocks and border. Enjoy.

Rabbit

Finished Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157867[/ATTACH]

Close up of Block with sashing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157868[/ATTACH]

Quilt and the backing used
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157869[/ATTACH]

sueisallaboutquilts 01-11-2011 07:16 AM

Oh that's beautiful!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the tute. I have a bunch of jelly rolls that want to be made into something!
You did a great job :D:D

sewmuchmore 01-11-2011 07:24 AM

thank you, I have bookmarked it :thumbup: :thumbup:

Tootsie 01-11-2011 08:25 AM

This is a great idea and tute! Thanks so much...and I'll bookmark as well :-)

kriscraft99 01-11-2011 09:00 AM

wow - that is gorgeous!! thank you so much for posting

skillon 01-11-2011 09:15 AM

Oh wow! I wish there were pictures of each step for this tute. I'm a visual person, and written directions just kinda get me dizzy and I have problems following them. But, if I had pictures............!

Thanks.

Holly

Rabbit 01-11-2011 09:53 AM

It is a process. The next time we make one we will do a step by step. May be a while. We are new to this.
Chris

amma 01-11-2011 10:29 AM

Thank you for the tute :D:D:D

ann clare 01-11-2011 03:41 PM

Very nice quilt

plainpat 01-12-2011 02:38 AM

Love your quilt.Thanks for the tute & pics....can't have too many pics :-)