Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Rhondas Bear's Paw Class - Quilt Block Lesson (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/rhondas-bears-paw-class-quilt-block-lesson-t77412.html)

Lady with Thread 11-20-2010 07:38 PM

Rhonda,
Thank you so much for the 1 1/4 template I received today. I tried making the Bears Paw tonight and you all will laugh at me. I got so excited about making each one, and I had keychain on the brain....well I got all the blocks made and put them together and you know what? I forgot all about the sashing......lol But it's gonna be a keychain anyway!

Tammy

Rhonda 11-20-2010 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Lady with Thread
Rhonda,
Thank you so much for the 1 1/4 template I received today. I tried making the Bears Paw tonight and you all will laugh at me. I got so excited about making each one, and I had keychain on the brain....well I got all the blocks made and put them together and you know what? I forgot all about the sashing......lol But it's gonna be a keychain anyway!

Tammy

So where's the picture Tammy???? Hmmmm??? LOL We haveta see the end product!!

Lady with Thread 11-21-2010 04:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay .....now you have to remember this is my First time try so go easy on me....lol

Rhonda 11-21-2010 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Lady with Thread
Okay .....now you have to remember this is my First time try so go easy on me....lol

Tammy it is terrific!! I like your color combo. I have that fabric in the center. You did a great job. Thanks for posting your pic. I hope others will too!

for those who want to know I will be going alittle smaller for the bookmark. You can trim the HST to 3/4" or even 5/8" and go smaller. Because I leave the HST longer and don't cut it into a square you still have something to get ahold of. If anyone wants to practice on this I will be using it when I post the Bookmark on Dec 1st.

If you want to use the size of bear's paw we used in this first lesson when you make the bookmark that will work too. Your bookmark will just be a little bigger than mine.

Evie 11-21-2010 07:27 AM

Tammy, love your block! Who says you need sashing?

Rhonda 11-21-2010 07:56 AM

Tammy it makes me think of a sun with rays coming out of it! If it was yellow it would look like a square sun! LOL Just a bit of fantasy!

klgreene 11-21-2010 01:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished my bear paw, I'll wait until next week to cut it down just so I know how I want to finish it for the check book. My DH really likes this and wants me to make a bigger one. I know he loves that dessert sand color, and if I can find it from the place I first bought it, I may just make him his own quilt.

Bear Paw for check book cover
[ATTACH=CONFIG]131240[/ATTACH]

Lady with Thread 11-21-2010 01:48 PM

Thank you Evie

Lady with Thread 11-21-2010 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Tammy it makes me think of a sun with rays coming out of it! If it was yellow it would look like a square sun! LOL Just a bit of fantasy!

I'm laughing over here. I will keep that yellow in mind...hehe I have started cutting out another one and this time I won't get so excited I forget my sashing. :)

Lady with Thread 11-21-2010 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by klgreene
Finished my bear paw, I'll wait until next week to cut it down just so I know how I want to finish it for the check book. My DH really likes this and wants me to make a bigger one. I know he loves that dessert sand color, and if I can find it from the place I first bought it, I may just make him his own quilt.

Katie that is Beautiful! I really like that. Great job!