Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Rhonda's Electric Quilt Class - Week 2 - Block Work (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/rhondas-electric-quilt-class-week-2-block-work-t168115.html)

PokerDiva 11-17-2011 08:21 AM

Rhonda, I don't know if you said this earlier or not but if you want the same block in the whole quilt hold your control key down and set your block and it will fill in the whole quilt. Then you can turn them.

Thumbilena 11-18-2011 06:54 PM

Thank you so much, my mental block seems to be going away and things make a lot more sense.

lfstamper 11-19-2011 05:28 PM

Very nice job! Thank you Rhonda.

quiltinghere 11-20-2011 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva (Post 4689757)
Rhonda, I don't know if you said this earlier or not but if you want the same block in the whole quilt hold your control key down and set your block and it will fill in the whole quilt. Then you can turn them.

Thanks for posting - I was looking for this answer

thimblebug6000 11-20-2011 03:46 PM

Finally got a minute to do the lesson, want to be ready for tomorrow! Thanks so much for sharing these tutorials with us all. One thing I find, if I remember to save things to the sketchbook as I go along then it's easier for me.

GrandmaSewNSew 11-20-2011 06:40 PM

Rhonda,
Thank you for doing this. I have EQ7 and thought I followed all of your steps but don't get any dots in my blocks so I can't draw the lines like you're doing. What have I missed? Thank you!

Rhonda 11-20-2011 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by GrandmaSewNSew (Post 4703799)
Rhonda,
Thank you for doing this. I have EQ7 and thought I followed all of your steps but don't get any dots in my blocks so I can't draw the lines like you're doing. What have I missed? Thank you!

Find Worktable in the top tool bar
click on worktable
Click on Block
Click on Drawing Board Setup
Click on Snap Grid
You will see up on the top right a place to indicate your dots.
Choose to click on large dots if you want to. It makes them easier to see.
The dots are just very very faint otherwise. They won't show in any quilt blocks
then save it.

That should help.

Lady Diana 11-23-2011 11:30 AM

Thank you for being so kind to post your lessons...
Can you provide Week one and two in PDF? I am having trouble copying these instructions.
Thanks

Rhonda 11-23-2011 12:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Lady Diana (Post 4713720)
Thank you for being so kind to post your lessons...
Can you provide Week one and two in PDF? I am having trouble copying these instructions.
Thanks

Each one is posted at the end of the lesson.

Here are the links

nanasquilting 01-06-2012 03:40 PM

I was doing fine until I got to the point of changing colors. I don't have anything at the bottom of the screen that says "colors". I'm determined to learn this program and so appreciative of Rhonda's hard work.