Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Rhonda's Version of Card Trick Quilt Block (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/rhondas-version-card-trick-quilt-block-t112790.html)

cjomomma 06-12-2011 01:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Rhonda,
Here is my attempt at the card trick. I know these fabric's don't match but I was trying it out. I still have to finish sewing it together but I wanted to show it to you. The sewing will have to wait til later.

Rhonda 06-12-2011 01:53 PM

Looks good to me CJ I like your colors. The only thing I would do differant which is only a personal preferance is I would put the pink and peach ones across from each other rather than beside each other. I just like the contrast better that way. It makes each one stand out from the others if two that are similar are not against each other.

But I tend to do things differant than most people so it is definately a personal preferance where you place the colors.

cjomomma 06-12-2011 02:18 PM

Thank you! You are right about the color layout. This one was just an experiment, you know the one that I learn from. :-). Next time I will use different colors the coordinate better.

Rhonda 06-12-2011 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Thank you! You are right about the color layout. This one was just an experiment, you know the one that I learn from. :-). Next time I will use different colors the coordinate better.

I have seen it done the way you did this one. So it is all in the eye of the beholder! LOL

cjomomma 06-12-2011 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda

I have seen it done the way you did this one. So it is all in the eye of the beholder! LOL

LOL!! The beholder of these eyes isn't totally happy with the color choices. :-)
Someday I will make a quilt out of all my experiment blocks. :-) It will be one odd looking quilt!!!
I really want to make a card trick quilt out of black, red and white. I have a really good variety of prints in those colors to make many quilts.

Thank you Rhonda you are the greatest!

nellie 06-12-2011 08:48 PM

love it Rhonda so cute thank you

snicker dee 06-12-2011 08:53 PM

Rhonda, you never cease to amaze me with your cleverness

Rhonda 06-13-2011 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda

LOL!! The beholder of these eyes isn't totally happy with the color choices. :-)
Someday I will make a quilt out of all my experiment blocks. :-) It will be one odd looking quilt!!!
I really want to make a card trick quilt out of black, red and white. I have a really good variety of prints in those colors to make many quilts.

Thank you Rhonda you are the greatest!

I love black and white with red so that would be a really gorgeous quilt! I always used to pick black and white for everything. clothes room decor etc my mom used to say it was because then I didn't have to choose a color! My other color I added was yellow. black and yellow or black and red are just gorgeous color combos in my opinion.

Rhonda 06-13-2011 05:59 AM

Thanks Nellie and Snicker dee

cheri stonespinner 08-20-2011 03:36 PM

Amaizing Rhonda, thanks for the "boston' card trick :thumbup: