Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Sandwich Maker (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/sandwich-maker-t266984.html)

institches33 07-01-2015 05:42 AM

Me either.

Originally Posted by sval (Post 7242266)
I guess I need more info. I don't get it.

Bibliogirl 07-01-2015 09:23 AM

Very clever. Thanks for telling us about this.

Sew Krazy Girl 07-01-2015 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by institches33 (Post 7243996)
Me either.

I'm a more visual person. Expanding the photos would help me.

Clmay 07-01-2015 12:06 PM

I have heard of using the Noodles for the pool. The same idea is applied. But using the blue painters tape.

homecaregiver 07-02-2015 05:55 AM

not very clear and pictures are not to easy to understand. More info would be very helpful.
Pat

Jackie R 07-02-2015 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by institches33 (Post 7243996)
Me either.

Me too - I don't understand either but would love to know, especially if it makes it easier to sandwich the quilt layers.

briskgo 07-03-2015 06:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
sorry everyone here are two more pictures. Have you seen pictures or videos of rolling the back/batting onto 1x 2 boards? Sometimes they are covered in felt? This is that same principal except it's easier to store, I can roll it up.
So with this one I marked the center of the top, I marked both sides of the center of the batting. I pinned the batting to the insulation using the opening as guide line. I carefully rolled the batting onto the insulation using the center line as a guide. I layed the batting on top of the top lining up the center lines, applied glue in a wavey line on the top rolled out the batting 6" at a time. That done I repeated with the back, marking the center line pinning carefully on the opening for the guide line, rolling out applying the glue every 6" to the back. I'm just about threw quilting this one and I'm thrilled no bunching smooth as a baby's butt. I'll try a video next time I sandwich, and thanks everyone for your interest.[ATTACH=CONFIG]524146[/ATTACH]this shows the back lining up exactly straight.[ATTACH=CONFIG]524147[/ATTACH]this is the last roll, everything still centered. Hope this helps a video is coming

elnan 07-03-2015 08:42 AM

I've been watching this post and think I'm starting to understand, but still have questions. The rod is to keep the pipe insulation from getting curvy, got it. You are using the slit in the pipe insulation only as a straight line for reference, not putting the layers of the sandwich between the slit edges, got it. I understand the glue basting. What I do not understand is whether or not you end up with all three layers of the sandwich pinned to the insulation at once, or, does each layer get treated separately? I appreciate the time you have devoted to putting this online to help others.

mjhaess 07-07-2015 09:23 AM

great idea...Thanks for sharing...

Jackie R 07-10-2015 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by tessagin (Post 7242288)
I think I might understand it more if could zoom out a little for the total effect.

I think you are correct - would be a little more visually helpful if the camera was not quite so close. But I think I'm understanding it a little better. Thank you.