Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Super Fast Jelly-roll quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/super-fast-jelly-roll-quilt-t44258.html)

Allysonn 08-02-2012 10:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
In our country these kind of quilts called "lasagna" (like the italian pasta). :D

This is my version, with two "rollimopsi" (a jelly-roll with only 21 stripes (7 fabrics) ), one in yellows, one in oranges. The green fabric was an old tablerunner (printed cotton).

Marny CA 08-15-2012 01:10 AM

What would happen if the first piece cut off was added elsewhere?

I was told to stitch the strips together on the diagonal - your instructions say straight across.

Confused ... that's me.

OH, I see the person over my post did it diagonally!

kaysue4 08-15-2012 07:06 PM

What a great idea!

My Mom passed away in November of last year and I got some of her clothes and I wanted to make quilts for my grandchildren. I can do this with the skirts and dresses and it would be really be easy to cut those in the same size. It would also enable me to do a lot in the future also.
thanks for the idea.

3TreeFrog 08-21-2012 10:55 AM

Wow what a fun idea, I am going to have to try to make one too!

@Kaysue4, I think you are on to something there, what a great way to remember your mom. A quilt is something that your grandchildren will cherish forever!

3Frog

mimiknoxtaylor 08-22-2012 03:13 AM

Thanks for the ideas. I didn't have strips but I did have scads of large rectangles obtained at a yard sale. All different lengths but about the same widths. I just layer a bunch in several stacks then pared them to the same width. Sewed them end to end & used your method after that. Had a lap quilt top finished even with 3 young grandsons running around & outing to beach, park, etc.
Great method

batikmystique 11-10-2012 04:52 PM

Can't believe how easy this is...thanks so much for sharing this! I've had a jelly-roll sitting around for over a year and have been waiting to figure out what to do with it...now I know! :o

batikmystique 11-10-2012 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Allysonn (Post 5413309)
In our country these kind of quilts called "lasagna" (like the italian pasta). :D

This is my version, with two "rollimopsi" (a jelly-roll with only 21 stripes (7 fabrics) ), one in yellows, one in oranges. The green fabric was an old tablerunner (printed cotton).

I really like the idea of sewing the strips at an angle. Thank you for posting your picture.

mountain deb 11-10-2012 05:50 PM

I have seen this idea before, thanks for the tut.

jojo47 12-12-2012 06:43 AM

I'm glad I kept this update to view at this much later time! I have a couple of odd-size jelly rolls - one with 35 strips and the other with 26. Both width are 2 1/2 inches, but I'm going to have fun!

Thank you, ladies!

missgigglewings 12-12-2012 09:37 AM

I have some left over strips from 3 Jelly Rolls...I think I am going to do this using all three! Scrappy, scrappy, scrappy!