Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Super super easy tissue holder (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/super-super-easy-tissue-holder-t107636.html)

katsewnsew 03-27-2011 08:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I love these tissue holders! Made one with batting and stippling on the smaller piece. Came out really cute.
Such an easy project!

pdunn56 03-27-2011 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by katsewnsew
I love these tissue holders! Made one with batting and stippling on the smaller piece. Came out really cute.
Such an easy project!

very cute with the stippling...do you think they need the batting? I haven't batted mine...

wvdek 03-27-2011 09:51 AM

Well I'll be darned! How simple is that?

katsewnsew 03-27-2011 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by pdunn56

Originally Posted by katsewnsew
Such an easy project!

very cute with the stippling...do you think they need the batting? I haven't batted mine...

No they don't need the batting, I wanted to see how it would look, give it a bit more "character" with stippling. But they are great without it, too!

BATIKQLTR 03-27-2011 11:25 AM

Wow....these are soooooo cute and easy!! Love the piped edge on the top. Thank you so much for sharing your pattern (and pictures) with us. I just made up 12 of them in no time with fabric scraps. I like to make a paperback book cover for people in the hospital or sick, now I can add one of these to match.

Great tutorial!!!! Do you have an idea on how to make an easy wallet???????

PS> I really like the idea of putting elastic on and putting it on the visor in the car like mentioned above. THX

nellie 03-27-2011 07:59 PM

cool thanks for pattern

SandyinZ4 03-28-2011 06:41 AM

I wanted to add that this technique would work well on the check book covers too. When you make the pockets that hold the checkbook and register, just make outside a bit shorter and the lining a bit longer* and that would make the little trim on the edge and easier to find where to insert each part. :-) * I would think that trimming off 1/2 inch on outside part and adding 1/2 inch to lining would do it.

feffertim 03-28-2011 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4
I wanted to add that this technique would work well on the check book covers too. When you make the pockets that hold the checkbook and register, just make outside a bit shorter and the lining a bit longer* and that would make the little trim on the edge and easier to find where to insert each part. :-) * I would think that trimming off 1/2 inch on outside part and adding 1/2 inch to lining would do it.

Thanks, that's a good idea

dbrand4967 04-22-2011 06:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I can't beleive how easy this was to make. Thanks for sharing.

ambquilter 05-04-2011 06:28 PM

I made one. I see many more in my future. Thanks!

Angie