Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Super super easy tissue holder (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/super-super-easy-tissue-holder-t107636.html)

JENNR8R 02-13-2012 04:14 AM

Super super easy tissue holder

1 Attachment(s)
I tried making these with orphan blocks for the main/outside fabric, and starched satin linings on a few of them. This is a wonderful way to use up some scraps. Thanks! :)

jigs1354 02-14-2012 06:37 PM

They are so cute, I've been making these for years now. They are very easy. I sat down a few weeks back and sewn some too and when I was done I had 16. Didn't check how long but it wasn't very long.
Did everybody have a wonderful Valentines Day?? I had a great one.

Rosietoes4 02-16-2012 10:16 AM

Our local Walmart carries the ones split in middle--figured out the reason they split them at the top is so they can sit in compartments in purses and you can just lift out the tissues. Bet the pattern could be adjusted for the top to be open though.

blossom808 02-26-2012 01:32 PM

Thank you so much for this tutorial. Ive made a few of them out of Hawaiian material. They have come out so nice. I gave away a few of them and everyone who got one just loves them. I showed my sister how to make them and she is so happy. I love them and its so easy to make. Thank you again. aloha Blossom

Brenda Keech 04-25-2012 05:20 AM

Thanks this looks so fun and easy. thanks for the great pics to, I'm going to my sewing room and make one right now.

judykay 04-26-2012 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Rosietoes4 (Post 4980618)
Our local Walmart carries the ones split in middle--figured out the reason they split them at the top is so they can sit in compartments in purses and you can just lift out the tissues. Bet the pattern could be adjusted for the top to be open though.

When I make these tissue holders I take the tissues out of the pack and place them in the holder. I keep them on hand for quick small gifts, they are always appreciated. Have to make some more am down to my last one.

grapesky 05-11-2012 07:20 AM

wow so fast - thanks! What a great little gift! You could make dozens in no time at all.

Beeboop71 08-01-2012 08:59 AM

Great clear tut! I am definitely making some of these soon. Thanks for sharing!

thepolyparrot 09-04-2012 10:12 AM

I made 16 of these for a church function last night in a couple of hours and I'm making a bunch more, today. I thought they could be given to the 2nd highest bidders on the Silent Auction as "consolation prizes." (Here you go - dry your tears! :D )

I was given one years ago at a guild meeting and it was so cute and so practical - very thoughtful on the part of the maker/giver, but not at all expensive or time-consuming to make a bunch!

Tashana 09-05-2012 06:19 AM

Love them. I made a whole bunch of them in no time. I went to the Christmas Tree Shoppe at the local Tanger outlet and bought really neat packages of tissues and I stuffed them all. When I open my drawer they look like miniature pillows and make me smile every time. Thanks for the tutorial.