Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Trapunto by machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/trapunto-machine-t105039.html)

sandpat 05-03-2011 05:44 PM

Enci...you must have been posting exactly when I did...I hadn't seen yours! Great job on those...why do you call it "false"?

marmalade 05-20-2011 05:30 PM

Thank you for the excellent directions! I had the general idea of how to do this, but I wasn't sure if I was correct. I admit - I didn't know about the water soluble thread. I will have to look for that.

SewExtremeSeams 05-20-2011 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by marmalade
Thank you for the excellent directions! I had the general idea of how to do this, but I wasn't sure if I was correct. I admit - I didn't know about the water soluble thread. I will have to look for that.

Oh, that's what I needed to get at the fabric store... water soluble thread. :shock: duh!

Thanks for the reminder... :-D

marmalade 05-20-2011 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme

Originally Posted by marmalade

Oh, that's what I needed to get at the fabric store... water soluble thread. :shock: duh!

Thanks for the reminder... :-D

Glad I could help!

:) :) :)

sandpat 05-21-2011 05:26 AM

Well, I hope it helps you get started!!

tothenci 05-21-2011 05:54 AM

I call false, because I do not cut it back up the work. The sample is left out from the seams of the bumps is given

Originally Posted by sandpat
Enci...you must have been posting exactly when I did...I hadn't seen yours! Great job on those...why do you call it "false"?

OHSue 05-21-2011 03:21 PM

Thanks so much for this tute! I might just have to give this one a try.

Machel 05-24-2011 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Ok, I think I've got it!
Just don't ask me to explain it to anyone else because that will not happen lol

why can't you explain it to me :)
Oh it will

Short an Sweet 08-21-2011 06:39 AM

very cool, I hope you don't mind, I posted it on my swap page

romanojg 08-21-2011 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
I'm not understanding why using water soluble thread when you are going to use regular thread to stitch around it. Seems like a waste of time or am I NOT getting something.

Patti...just come to my house and teach me!!

This was the part that I didn't understand before today either. What she is saying is that after you cut away the extra batting and sandwich your quilt you stitch the design again with regular thread while you are quilting; You stitch just inside of the lines to make sure you catch it all. This will put the design on the front and back of quilt now. Using water soluable thread keeps from having too many layers of thread build up.

Thanks for the great tute. I had watched one on Lap quilting w/Georgia Bonsteel for the second time this morning and couldn't figure out the thread thing either. You explained it so then my light bulb came on; oh, you stitch it again to catch all layers.