Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Want to learn to use your EQ to make Quilt Blocks like mine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/want-learn-use-your-eq-make-quilt-blocks-like-mine-t164202.html)

Rhonda 10-30-2011 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by JSue
How does this work? Do you have to have two computers so you can read the tutorial on one while using EQ# on the other?

I just have the EQ open and my Quiltingboard on also. I just click on one and then go click on the other to go back and forth. I will run through some things and then you can go and check it out on your EQ and then come back.

d.swindle 10-30-2011 06:50 PM

I have an EQ5 and have no idea how it works,I have tried and give up, maybe I can tag along and learn something.

d.swindle

Rhonda 10-30-2011 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by dotski
i would like to sign up i have eq5 and have never used it. do i have to download something first ?
you rock !!!!thank you for being so helpful with everything !!!

If you have EQ5 installed that is all you need.

Rhonda 10-30-2011 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by foxyquilter
I have EQ 5, would I learn anything if you are using 7?
How would you sign up and where would you find it? Would there be a specific time? I'm really new at this.

foxyquilter

I have EQ5 and 6 and I prefer 5. I plan to get 7 soon and hopefully will be able to address all 3 versions. I am familiar with EQ5 and that is thse one I will use to teach with.

I will post a thread where I will discuss the EQ and the first lesson will be an introduction and learning to navigate around the program. I will post the first lesson on Mon Nov 7 and I will be available at 11 am central time for discussion and questions. the classes will remain on the board and anyone can use them at any time.

Gerbie 10-30-2011 06:58 PM

I think mine is EQ5 also, and I have never really been able to use it. I guess I just haven't ever spent enough time trying to figure it out. I would love to sign up for your classes, where and when do we sign up?

JSue 10-30-2011 06:59 PM

Put me on the list. I have used my EQ5 a few times to plan layout, but so seldom that it is a major learning curve every time and the one time I tried to design or draw something I couldn't figure out how to transfer it to the quilt layout. Lots to learn.

BettyB 10-30-2011 07:01 PM

Sign me up too

Rhonda 10-30-2011 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Gerbie
I think mine is EQ5 also, and I have never really been able to use it. I guess I just haven't ever spent enough time trying to figure it out. I would love to sign up for your classes, where and when do we sign up?

You're signed up now.

Gerbie 10-30-2011 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda

Originally Posted by foxyquilter
I have EQ 5, would I learn anything if you are using 7?
How would you sign up and where would you find it? Would there be a specific time? I'm really new at this.

foxyquilter

I have EQ5 and 6 and I prefer 5. I plan to get 7 soon and hopefully will be able to address all 3 versions. I am familiar with EQ5 and that is thse one I will use to teach with.

I will post a thread where I will discuss the EQ and the first lesson will be an introduction and learning to navigate around the program. I will post the first lesson on Mon Nov 7 and I will be available at 11 am central time for discussion and questions. the classes will remain on the board and anyone can use them at any time.

This is so kind and thoughtful of you. I am sure it will make my quilting so much better. Thank you for offering to do this for all of us. I certainly want to get in on these lessons. You just don't know how much I appreciate this, I purchased mine because of a teacher friend who had one , but I have never been able to do what I want with it, and I have often regretted sapending the money on it, thinking what a waste it has been. Hopefully now I can finally use it. Again, thanks!!! am making a note of this time and date, I hope I don't miss any part of your lessons. But I will be sure to try and be on the board at the designated time you have given us!!!

shivrs2000 10-30-2011 07:06 PM

Please include me...I have EQ7 and would love to learn more. You can email me and send me a notice.