Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   What I learned about Collage (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/what-i-learned-about-collage-t298382.html)

carol45 07-21-2018 10:54 AM

Thanks so much. I'm about to embark on a collage challenge with a group. Your instructions will be a great help. I think Atlas is one of the best dog quilts I've ever seen--his personality comes through loud and clear. I love it (and had saved a copy of your picture just to show my husband how great it is!).

granky 07-21-2018 04:23 PM

I too would like to thank you. I've been curious about the method...not sure I'll try it, but I'm a sucker for anything new to learn, so I imagine that I will at some time or other. Thanks to the quilting board (and the wonderful people who make it) I now have a starting point.

crackers 07-22-2018 04:42 PM

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this information. It is very interesting and very helpful. I've always wanted to try collage. I will bookmark this page for reference.

JanieH 07-22-2018 09:27 PM

Thank you so much for the information you have imparted to us - it is truly wonderful. You have written it so clearly.

indymta 07-23-2018 01:13 PM

Thank you for posting your collage of Atlas and seeing him in pictures, well, you did an amazing job! I just love your quilt.
I'm not sure I will ever do a collage but you sure did pique my interest and the information you provided make it seem doable.

Judylee2 07-23-2018 02:31 PM

Thank you so much for all you information. I have a collage done but not sure how to finish it. You have inspired me.

nativetexan 07-24-2018 08:38 AM

you did a wonderful, wonderful job on that. very realistic indeed. :thumbup:

KLO 07-24-2018 04:14 PM

This may have turned into a book but it's a great read and very informative. I am so glad I read that you did this tutorial in your original post. Thanks for going to all the work to write it all out. It's inspirational for sure. I personally have started watching Susan Carlson's videos a couple of months ago and she is very clear about what she does. Her crocodile quilt is unbelievable and huge! Still ... I hesitate to get my feet wet with this project until I know I have some time "alone" to work on it. Keep up the good work!

Jennie and Me 07-24-2018 09:04 PM

Watson, Thank you so much for this information! Especially the quilting part. The glueing part, I understand, but nobody really tells how to quilt. I tend to be a coward when it comes to trying new things. I tell myself to try 'cause it's only fabric, but still I hesitate. I hope to give it a try, at least, soon. You're lovely "Atlas" and your instructions are a huge help. Again, thank you.

sayjan 07-25-2018 12:53 PM

This sounds very interesting to try. Some have said beautiful job on it yes the tutorial but did you post a pic of your pup (which by the way is sweet looking) quilt?