Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I have never traded in a sewing machine! >

I have never traded in a sewing machine!

I have never traded in a sewing machine!

Old 09-28-2020, 05:31 PM

Default I have never traded in a sewing machine!

I have never traded in a sewing machine before. What should I take with my machine when I trade it in? The new machine uses the same style feet. Can I keep all the feet that aren’t included with the new machine?
Old 09-28-2020, 05:34 PM

Usually, the dealer wants all the feet and accessories that originally came with the machine. But it can't hurt to ask.
Old 09-28-2020, 06:31 PM

I would think that any feet you purchased separately would be yours to keep. If I trade in my Bernina I would not include the walking foot or any of the D feet I have purchased.
Old 09-28-2020, 06:57 PM

I asked my dealer the best price he would give me without a trade in and found that he wasn't giving much value to my trade in. This has happened twice. I sold my machines in a yahoo group "sew it for sale" and got much more. I don't know if the yahoo group is still active. Enjoy your new machine!
Old 09-29-2020, 04:21 AM

1st time I ever traded in a machine was just a couple years ago. My Viking Designer1 did me well for 15 yrs and I'd purchased many feet, bobbins and hoops for it. She told me only the original parts did I need to bring with the machine. Luckily only 2 feet and 1 hoop would not work with the new Epic I traded her for. And it was just in time too as the screen went out on the D1 shortly after I traded her in. Lucky for me.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Sheri.a View Post
I asked my dealer the best price he would give me without a trade in and found that he wasn't giving much value to my trade in. This has happened twice. I sold my machines in a yahoo group "sew it for sale" and got much more. I don't know if the yahoo group is still active. Enjoy your new machine!
It's still active, but has moved to groups.io. Yahoo discontinued many of the services it had provided to it's "groups". Some moved to Facebook and many others moved to groups.io. Their current address is https://groups.io/g/SewItsForSale/topics.

You have to join to post, but it's free.

bkay
Old 09-29-2020, 04:45 AM

The items included with the original purchase should be sent with the machine. Include the manual too. There is usually a list in the manual of the original items you can use as a check list. Put all the items together in one large zip-lock and label with the machine name.

Any optional accessories that you purchased are yours and not included.
Old 09-29-2020, 06:34 AM
Power Poster

Generally, whatever came with the initial purchase, is what you trade-in.

That being said ... if there is something that you are really wanting to keep, then make sure your dealer knows you plan to keep it. For sure, any of the feet/accessories you purchased not part of the original machine package, should stay with you.