Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
**closed for sign up**. “Hear the roar of the Civil War….. With a side of TOT’s !!!!!!"   June 2011- 10 1/2" layer cake Swap..Registration closed*** >

**closed for sign up**. “Hear the roar of the Civil War….. With a side of TOT’s !!!!!!" June 2011- 10 1/2" layer cake Swap..Registration closed***

**closed for sign up**. “Hear the roar of the Civil War….. With a side of TOT’s !!!!!!" June 2011- 10 1/2" layer cake Swap..Registration closed***

Old 06-02-2011, 01:32 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

LuvTooQuilt is hosting another swap!!! …….10 1/2" layer cake Swap..

“Hear the roar of the Civil War….. With a side of TOT’s!!!!!! “

Registration is open to the first 130 Sets or until 17 June, whichever comes first.

Each swapper will submit 12 squares of any 1 (one) UN-washed 100% cotton Civil War reproduction fabric and or Civil War inspired reproduction*(If you have any questions please ask.)
@~}~~ A SELVAGE PIECE WITH THE FABRIC LINE AND MANUFACTURE MUST BE ENCLOSED IN BAGGIE IN ITS PERPECTIVE BAGGIE FOR EVERY SET SENT IN.. ~~{~@

Squares should be carefully rotary cut from UN-washed 100% cotton fabric. Keep in mind that your squares could end up in a child's quilt. Select fabrics that will hold up to a lot of love, wear, tears, draggin', cuddlin', washing, and trips through the dryer. Fabrics that fray easily, or are fairly easy to see through are not good candidates for this swap.

Please be advised that fabrics that are NOT Civil War reproduction fabrics will be returned, Squares that are not square, or those that are not the right size, will be returned unswapped.
Will accept any squares larger than 10 ¼ as most of us will use them as 10 inch squares. Anything less than MY 10 ¼ measurement will be returned. If you are unsure of your accuracy, over-sized squares will be accepted as they can be cut down to size if needed be... please nothing over 10 ¾ as they become hard to put in baggies..

Here’s how it works: - In your packet to me you will enclose:

1 gallon size Hefty slider bag with 12 ct – 10 1/2 inch squares of ONE fabric for each set

~ Fabric must be UN -washed, ironed and in gallon bags for safe passage thru USPS.
~ A piece of the selvage w/ fabric line and manufacturer MUST be enclosed to verify questionable fabrics

~ Please remember that each set should be cut from a different unwashed fabric

~ 5-6 sets fit in ONE priority flat rate envelope

~ It is aprox 1 yard per 12ct – 10.5 inch squares.

~ There is a SIX set limit in this swap plus THREE optional TWIST(s)

~ INCLUDE your screen name ON your baggies along with SET amounts.
***Example- I would like to do 4 (four) sets - ((4 sets mean that you would send 12 ct – 10 1/2inch squares from FOUR different fabrics for a total of 48 squares, each set in separate gallon size bags)) so, written legibly with a sharpie marker or pen, on each of my bags will have:

luvTooQuilt X4 (plus 3 twists)

~ You may also include but not mandatory, your real name, mailing address, should your envelope be swallowed by the USPS machines for identification purposes- an adhesive return label perhaps.?. )

~ Please staple a piece of your fabric on the outside of the baggie...
**** A piece of your fabric is required stapled on the outside of the individual baggie for identification purposes. (See pic)

Also in your package INCLUDE Sample pieces of each of your fabric – ( aprox 2x3 tiny strips pieces from your leftover fabric is the prefect size..) Some of you stapled the pieces to a small piece of cardboard/cardstock/paper with an addt’l addy label& board name- (see pic) It is my goal NOT to give you back your fabric square…And this aids me keeping track who sent in what since there are over 100 sets…

Also in your package INCLUDE a self-adhesive return address label, and return priority postage. ($4.95) Should you require delivery confirmation- highly recommended!!! - An additional $.70 is required. Please remember that if you do not send enough return postage I will hold them until you send the difference. After 30 days, I will donate the unclaimed squares to charity. DO NOTmail return SAS envelopes!!!!! Postage ONLY please!!! Too hard to keep track of the envelopes.... (PM me for international info)
***Due to quick turn-around and distance of my bank I WILL NOT ACCEPT PERSONAL CHECKS***
Postage stamps, USPS money orders (or concealed cash at your own risk) will be accepted as forms for shipping costs..

I would like to have these in hand no later than 6/23/2011(so with a post mark no later than 6/17/2011 that should give the USPS ample time to deliver with NO grace period.) After 6/17 PRIORITY is recommended. After 6/20, Mandatory OVERNITE shipping is required.... International members need to send them to me sooner- PM for details

Please remember that any packages received after 6/23/2011 will be automatically returned unswapped. Any member not fulfilling commitment will not be accepted in future swaps and negative feedback will be posted to members account per Moderators requirements.

I will then sort 6/25-6/30 and hope to mail out squares on 7/1/2011 –No later than 7/4/2011
Reminders and swap rules can be found here - http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

@@@@@ Please PM me all the info below: @@@@@

Board name,
How many sets you're doing
Date when you plan ship your package
Your real name
Your mailing address

@@ After all info has been rec’d & you have been approved I will add you to the list of swappers... @@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Any questions please pm me... I'll be happy to assist...
Happy quilting everyone!!!!

AND THE TWIST………….. ‘TOT’s’

~ ONE 10.5in sqs from 5 (Five) different 100% cotton UN-washed Tone On Tone fabric.. (white/beige/cream/tan)

Each member is allowed UP TO 3 (THREE) sets of the twist. Members who choose to participate in the TWIST will rotary cut ONE -10.5 square from 5 DIFFERENT fabrics (2 sets =10 different fabrics.. 3 sets = 15 different fabrics). You will then mail each set in ONE slider/ziplock **SANDWICH** sized bag. I will then swap bag for bag –Squares will not be removed from the baggie. You will in return get 5 DIFFERENT squares from another member of this swap per set submitted..

*** This TWIST is optional - Not mandatory to participate in the twist to join this swap ***

Sample piece stapled on outside of baggie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]205693[/ATTACH]

saple of sample pices of ALL fabric sets submitted
[ATTACH=CONFIG]205694[/ATTACH]

another sample of pieces of ALL fabric sets submitted
[ATTACH=CONFIG]205695[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-205687.jpe   attachment-205688.jpe   attachment-205689.jpe  
Old 06-02-2011, 01:35 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I will post notes, comments, updates HERE..
Old 06-02-2011, 01:35 PM

Members & sets:

1. Momma_K - 4 sets.. NO Twist
2. Oldswimmer - 4 sets- NO Twist
3. dotcomdtcm - 2 sets NO twist
4. sustraley - 3 sets and 1 twist.
5. Veronica - 6 sets NO twist
6. jtapp9 - 5 sets, NO twist ***added one more -6 sets total
7. karenR - 6 sets ? Twist
8. bepositive- 4 sets and 2 twists
9. Katvert - 3 sets NO twist
10.Wonkywonda - 6 sets ? twist..
11. Toriabelle - 4 sets NO twist
12. Musicaljan - 1 set with 1 twist
13 always sewing in ohio - 3 sets no twist
14. oldcatladyt - 3 sets ?? twist
15. Rita's Mom -3 sets no twist
16. zjsquiltymomma- 4 sets no twist..
17. Sew scrappy- 6 sets ?? Twist
18. Meanmom- 5 sets ?? Twist
Old 06-02-2011, 01:48 PM

I'm in!! PMing now...
Old 06-02-2011, 01:48 PM

I'm in!! PMing now...
Old 06-02-2011, 01:50 PM

Sounds fun. Loved the last one I did. Sending a PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:20 PM

I'm confused about the selvage piece. Where do we put that one and what part of the selvage do you want? Sorry so dense first time thinking about this and all
Old 06-02-2011, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by brookemarie19
I'm confused about the selvage piece. Where do we put that one and what part of the selvage do you want? Sorry so dense first time thinking about this and all
the selvage is the strip on the edge of the fabric that has the fabric line and manufacturer.. it just needs to be sent in.. does not need to be taped just in the baggie is fine.. The reason Im asking for it is because 1) Im not familiar with CWR and 2) if another member comes back and 'claims' they did not rec a Civil War Reproduction I can go back to your selvage piece and confirm.. We had an issue arise when I did the 1930's swap and this just seemed like the simpler solution when these swaps are theme 'specific'..

Hope you join us..
Old 06-02-2011, 04:01 PM

I'm still on the fence for this one. Things are really slow at work and the budget is getting tighter.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:59 PM

Okay...I'm new to the board so I'm going to ask a stupid question. Why is the swap called layer cake and are the members just exchanging pieces of fabric???