Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: 1913 Singer 66 Red Eye Value

1913 Singer 66 Red Eye Value

I have no experience with sewing machines, but was cleaning out my mother's home over the weekend and looked at an old Singer sewing machine that she has. Turns out it's a 1913 model 66 Red Eye (serial number G2771583) in the Number 3 cabinet (http://ismacs.net/singer_sewing_mach...le_no_2-3.html). The decoration is in pretty good condition--all the decoration on the machine itself is in very good condition, though some of the decoration on the base is rubbed off.

We're trying to get a sense of how much this might be worth, so any help is appreciated.

Sewing machine values are hard to pin down. It depends on the area of the country you are in, the condition of the machine and the phase of the moon. On the red eye, it depends on the condition of the decals. If the machine and cabinet are pristine and you are willing to wait for the right buyer, you might get $300. for it here in DFW. If the machine and cabinet are fairly scarred from being used and the decals are less than perfect and you are in a hurry, you'll get $100 or less for it here.

bkay

An online search of your area on different websites like Craig's List, OfferUp, LetGo and social media websites Facebook Marketplace and Instagram would give you an idea of what it's worth. Keep in mind that some prices will be overinflated by the sellers.
    Singer 66 treadle, Singer 15-91, JC Penney 6923, Kenmore 50, White 2334, Brother 920D serger. RIP Singer 1036

I agree with the above. As with all antiques, it's condition, condition, condition. Price will depend on how well it works, how it looks and finding the right buyer. Good luck!
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

In my area, it would have to be fabulous before I'd pay $100 for one. I've had rough ones given to me.
    My greatest fear is all of my family standing around my coffin and talking about "how sensible" he was.

Blog Entries
    In my area, the Redeye 66's are quite common. Thus, not high sale prices. It all depends on who comes along.
    Mavis