319-W Singer

Old 07-11-2016, 03:28 PM

Red face 319-W Singer

*** There is a 319 W singer (black) for sale at GW near me.

*** The machine looks like it has never been used.

*** The cabinet, is another thing.

*** Ugly cream color with the veneer peeling off.

*** They are asking $45. (forty-five dollars) for it.

*** I asked for a better price and will not go down until on floor 15 days.

*** Is that a good deal?

Old 07-11-2016, 04:46 PM

I would pay that for it, in a heart beat, if I wanted that machine. "The machine looks like it has never been used" is the reason I'd pay it. The cabinet probably wouldn't be that great on any vintage machine, unless it's been re-done. "Re-done" is not something you get at Goodwill. If it was in a nice cabinet, it would already be sold.

JMHO

bkay
Old 07-11-2016, 05:19 PM

*** Thanks, bkay for the info. I may try to go back tomorrow.
*** The ticket was dated 7/9/16 so mark down will not be until 7/24/16.
*** Probably won't last that long without a buyer.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:35 AM

Although I do not own (yet&#128516 a Singer 319 I was curious what it looked like, so,googled it and it's adorable❤️ The link I used also gave me another link to,the needles it uses - which I need for my 206. Please. One that this model issues completely different needles than we all use - and they can be difficult to find. As in you can't walk into a store to find them. So I am thanking you profusely for helping me locate (and purchase from eBay) the needles I needed. And the 319 looks like or nearly,like the color of the 185 - a minty green - yes, I have one of those. You can always find another cabinet or have it out into a portable case. I would go for it if I was close - you are so lucky.

thanks,
Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 07-12-2016, 07:50 AM

I gave my daughter one and since then I have purchased two more. About the needles...I run the size 206 needles in mine and they are readily available at Sew Classic. Not all the sizes are available anymore but that doesn't hinder my sewing at all. One of the machines I bought was switched over to the more modern size and I didn't like the quality of the stitches so I had it timed back to the proper size. Now it stitches beautifully. One thing I discovered is when I free motion on mine it is almost like you cannot make it break a thread! Don't know why but I sure am not complaining! The bobbin sits at an awkward angle but I love those machines so that I do not care. That is a very good price! And it just leaves you more money to purchase singer flat cams to go with it! Lol!
Old 07-12-2016, 09:45 AM

*** I did not get to go back today.
*** Doc scheduled me for my 1st therapy on back.
*** I will check on it next week (hopefully still there).
*** I like the look of the machine, but the cabinet is disgusting.
*** I had never seen that model before.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:29 PM

Donate the cabinet right back.
Old 07-13-2016, 05:53 PM

Hi, I usually do not post this but I have several Vintage Singer Sewing Machines for giveaway. I would like them to go to sewing machine collectors that is why I am posting this. I have to clean out as I have way to many, daughter is getting married and company coming in. They are; Singer 501A Slantomatic with cams, Singer Rockateer and a Singer 328K. I have Singer Walking feet for all these machines. I do not want anything for them and they are nice machines. I just cannot afford to send them in the mail. Pictures can be provided. I am keeping the 2nd 501 A as it is a nice machine. Hoping for a local pickup for somebody or I will donate them to charity. I use to sew for many people and many were donated to me when they bought new machines. Trying to get my rooms down to 1 for the vintage machines. My husband collects vintage machines so you can see I have already donated a lot of them. All of them are nice. I fell in the habit of I just had to bring them home, so now they have to be thinned out. Thank you. Carol Jean

Last edited by Carol Jean; 07-13-2016 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-13-2016, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Carol Jean View Post
Hi, I usually do not post this but I have several Vintage Singer Sewing Machines for giveaway. I would like them to go to sewing machine collectors that is why I am posting this. I have to clean out as I have way to many, daughter is getting married and company coming in. They are; Singer 501A Slantomatic with cams, Singer Rockateer and a Singer 328K. I have Singer Walking feet for all these machines. I do not want anything for them and they are nice machines. I just cannot afford to send them in the mail. Pictures can be provided. I am keeping the 2nd 501 A as it is a nice machine. Hoping for a local pickup for somebody or I will donate them to charity. I use to sew for many people and many were donated to me when they bought new machines. Trying to get my rooms down to 1 for the vintage machines. My husband collects vintage machines so you can see I have already donated a lot of them. All of them are nice. I fell in the habit of I just had to bring them home, so now they have to be thinned out. Thank you. Carol Jean
So sweet of you to offer them up to the Board!! Where are you if local pick ups are an option? Congrats on your daughter's pending nuptials, too.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:35 AM

*** Where are you?
*** Would Postage be too much (do not now the weight of them)?