Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Anyone has  "The Valley Treadle Sewing Machine" >

Anyone has "The Valley Treadle Sewing Machine"

Anyone has "The Valley Treadle Sewing Machine"

Old 09-03-2020, 10:15 PM

Default Anyone has "The Valley Treadle Sewing Machine"

Gday from Brisbane Australia. I had previously written a reply following up from stonewoman's discussion of New Valley machine? Just so not to confuse her conversation if it's a different machine, i'm starting a new thread seeking more information from the wonderful people in this group. From the images, it looks similar to the one i picked up today but the words seems to be "The Valley R.G". Unfortunately, it didn't come as complete as stonewoman's find, but rather in a very sad state. I had previously chatted with Glenn re his thread on french polishing with shellac and he recommended i find one only one to try out first. So, i took this baby home and hoping to work on her. Meantime, just hoping to find more information, where it is from (no indication of where is made). There's a serial number tagged under the machine and I'm going to try to upload the images
Attached Thumbnails img_20200904_122841.jpg   img_20200904_134744.jpg   img_20200904_134804.jpg   img_20200904_122919.jpg  
Old 09-04-2020, 07:30 PM

Sorry, I can really help as to who made the machine. It is indeed very much like the other "Valley" machine. Missing some parts, like the spool pin that folds over in the middle of the arm. I'm guessing that it was imported from a German manufacturer. I'm basing that opinion on a German machine that has a similar stitch length lever that I have.

Thank you for the pictures.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 09-06-2020, 04:58 AM

Thanks Janey. As you can see, the body is peeling the black layer and showing the cast metal base. Would you have any suggestions if french polishing would help cover that exposed area.Ta