Attachments/machines

Old 06-21-2012, 07:16 PM

Default Attachments/machines

Can we all make a pact to try to keep the attachments for a machine with it? I was looking for a narrow foot for my Universal. I found one in the drawer. Fine, except the Universal is a long shank machine and the foot was a short shank. It also has Singer Touch and Sew bobbins in the same bag as class 15 bobbins. I have short shank, long shank, slant needle/shank and back clamping, but I have feet that came with these machines that look like they won't fit any of them. Let's make it easier for the next owners.

Last edited by irishrose; 06-21-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:20 PM

I've been working on sets of attachments and accessories for each of our favorite machines. So far I've got a few of them done.
Some of our machines came with everything. These will stay with the machines. ( Although we might borrow a piece for another machine from time to time.)

:->Joe
Old 06-21-2012, 07:24 PM

I try...but it doesn't always happen!
Old 06-21-2012, 07:34 PM

I don't mind borrowing from any from except my Elna, but I'd like all feet that arrive witrh a machine to fit that machine. I did borrow from Miss Elna this week for the narrow foot, but I felt like a traitor. The newer MW had the Admiral's bobbin case until she got her own. My 'new' ebay purchase is coming with a full set of attachments. I wonder what I'll find.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:41 AM

I seem to have alot of attachments found with the old machines I buy. The Necchi BU, i just got had 3 diff. type bobbins in its cabnit. There were 20 bobbins made in Italy for it, plus necchi needles. From all my various finds I have probably at least 10 dif. bobbin type/sizes. Is there a place to find out what bobbins go with what? I only have the one bobbin that goes in the Pfaff 130 and it is pretty solid looking. I have bobbins that were made in germany and Japan. :S
Old 06-22-2012, 06:55 AM

ppquilter,

Go here > http://www.shop.sew-classic.com/Bobbins_c7.htm and click on the various bobbins. There is a list with each one telling what machines they fit. Those lists are mind boggling.

Joe
Old 06-22-2012, 08:59 AM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

My singer 66 has an entire box of attachments, in the box, in one of the drawers that don't fit the machine. They are side clamping, and the machine is an old back clamp. There are also all of the back clamping feet, and an extra bobbin race. Haven't tried that one to see if it fits.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:40 PM

I've got almost a full set of back clamp 66 feet and attachments, but all my 66s are side clamps.

And I have tried all the attachments I have on the machines I have to see if they fit. Even though I have no idea how to use them ....... sigh

:-> Joe
Old 06-22-2012, 03:13 PM

Yikes, my 66 is a back clamp and came with an assortment of attachments. I haven't looked them over to see if they are correct for the machine.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:21 PM

I got my 66-1 back clamp with all it's attachments in a box....I was very lucky and very happy to see them when I got the box!!

But I have gotten tons of various attachments with all the machines I have gotten, and when I got my Davis NVF and all the stuff in boxes and trays from the seamstress's estate, I found lots of feet that go with unknown machines. Some look pretty industrial. One of these days I'll get them all sorted out and take pictures and see who on here needs them or wants them!