Cams!

Old 12-05-2019, 08:18 PM

Default Attention Overlander

Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
This is a wonderful idea. I am trying to find cams for a Coronado Deluxe Zig Zag machine I got in a Singer cabinet. Since there is no cam in the machine I don't know what it would look like. Miriam kindly sent me a package of cams that we hoped would fit, but they don't. I have pics of the cam opening, but can't find it at the moment. When I do I will add it.
Hi there, I realize this thread is from 2014, but I was wondering if you ever found cams for your machine? I have the exact same one and I'd like to track down some if I can. I'm brand new to this forum, I've mostly just read comments on some of the vintage machines. If I'm asking in the wrong place bear with me while I try and figure this out, ha ha! Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks!
Old 12-07-2019, 09:04 AM

Default Cams for the Coronado

Hi, I'm sorry to say, I have never found cams for this machine. I can only straight stitch with it. So, it sits on display in my sewing room. Cheers, Barb

Originally Posted by ElsaOfBigRock View Post
Hi there, I realize this thread is from 2014, but I was wondering if you ever found cams for your machine? I have the exact same one and I'd like to track down some if I can. I'm brand new to this forum, I've mostly just read comments on some of the vintage machines. If I'm asking in the wrong place bear with me while I try and figure this out, ha ha! Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks!
Old 12-07-2019, 05:34 PM

the bottom ones look like the ones I had for my old domestic. I only have a couple left. Lost the others in moves over the years. Ive owned the machine for 50 yrs. I still use it. Never did figure out the cams.
Old 12-08-2019, 06:03 PM

Thanks for responding! I just took a chance on a set of cams off of eBay... we shall see... all the measurements seem like they'll work. They look similar to a set I saw on here somewhere that were in a Dressmaker machine. The cam mechanism in the Dressmaker looked identical to the one in my Coronado. Stay tuned, I'll let you know if they work... or if I just blew $20 😆
Old 12-08-2019, 07:49 PM

Default Cams

Thanks for the quick reply. Hope they are the correct cams.

Originally Posted by ElsaOfBigRock View Post
Thanks for responding! I just took a chance on a set of cams off of eBay... we shall see... all the measurements seem like they'll work. They look similar to a set I saw on here somewhere that were in a Dressmaker machine. The cam mechanism in the Dressmaker looked identical to the one in my Coronado. Stay tuned, I'll let you know if they work... or if I just blew $20 😆
Old 01-11-2020, 04:01 PM

Default I Found Them!!

Hello everyone, guess what!?! The cams fit!! Yahoo! If I can figure out how to post a picture of them I will.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nPWwARiLLpp6BwMp7
Old 01-11-2020, 04:22 PM

huzzah!
\.....
Old 01-11-2020, 08:18 PM

Default Found cams

Congrats! Is there a maker name on the cams or storage container? I am still looking. Have fun with them now. 😀
Old 01-11-2020, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew View Post
A recent thread got me thinking about this, I love cams! I have a couple machines that take them and I have some odd spares that I picked up somewhere and have no idea what they go to.

I would love to see a thread where we all post photos of cams and talk about what machines they go to so when cams without machines or vice-versa show up we can have some idea how it all works together.

I tried to flip one in each set to show the back whether it has a hole or a slot.

-The blue ones I don't have a machine for but have seen them listed on eBay for an Edemco. I'm not sure really.
-The red ones fit the White 6477 I sold but she had no need of the cams so they are homeless. I wonder if they fit other machines?
-The 6 black ones are Elna cams and there are plenty more--I love these! They fit my Supermatic as well as my SU
-The last black cams fit my White 651 which is the same look and user manual as a Pfaff 239. They are double sided cams.
I too love cams... it's unfortunate they're all so unique and numbered and cataloged, because that makes my collecting bug start to act up. I discovered that the Singer "top hat" cams came in individual boxes, and once I saw that, it no longer became enough to have each cam, I needed the boxes too. Thankfully I already have a machine they run on : )
The first photo is my current collection, and the second is my duplicates, an accident of trying to buy individuals that come in lots! If anyone has a similar collection growing or has need of any of my duplicates, please let me know.
Finally, there's just an awesome resource for Singer cams on the following page -- I especially love that it tells you which cams came standard with which machines: https://www.singersewinginfo.co.uk/pattern_cam_list/

Attached Thumbnails img_9120.jpg   img_9121.jpg  
Old 01-14-2020, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
Congrats! Is there a maker name on the cams or storage container? I am still looking. Have fun with them now. 😀
Does the link I added work? I can't figure out how to upload pictures. All I can find is to add a link. If you want to fire me an email I can send a picture that way.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-14-2020 at 08:51 AM. Reason: remove PII