Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: E9 retirement quit

I'm so fascinated and by all this Quilt enthusiasm and the intricacy of it all! Quilts are so strange to me, they are almost non existant in France (in the American form, we do have quilted blankets but I won't insult you by comparing a quilted blanket with the amazing artwork you create) I do not even think I have seen an American Quilt in real life!

Quote Originally Posted by Seb58 View Post
    I'm so fascinated and by all this Quilt enthusiasm and the intricacy of it all! Quilts are so strange to me, they are almost non existant in France (in the American form, we do have quilted blankets but I won't insult you by comparing a quilted blanket with the amazing artwork you create) I do not even think I have seen an American Quilt in real life!
    Ha Ha. Not insulted here. I’m just learning this craft. I think it really originated with poor people putting scraps together to keep warm.

I was in Lorient France about 20 years ago working for the French Navy. I have to say it was an awesome experience to sit on the beaches of Brittany and watch the sun set. It was almost impossible to buy my own beer in a pub or disco. The French working class gave so much appreciation to American working class.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-17-2019 at 05:20 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2