Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Finding vintage machine resources >

Finding vintage machine resources

Finding vintage machine resources

Old 05-27-2015, 08:50 PM
  #51  
Junior Member
 
Freaky_Quilts_Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 193
Default

Davis_VS Yahoo group: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/davis_vf/ You have to be a member to see much or post, but almost everyone on it has one or more Vertical Feed machines and most of us use them The tutorial on how to clean a New Vertical Feed is invaluable - NVFs have about 100 parts (*NOT* an exaggeration) which is a LOT of parts for an antique machine. I would have been lost without it!
Freaky_Quilts_Dragon is offline  
Old 05-29-2015, 02:48 PM
  #52  
Power Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 15,510
Default

http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...ml#post7210797
Great answer Grant!
miriam is offline  
Old 06-07-2015, 03:36 PM
  #53  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2
Default

Hello, just a new member now enrolled. Have what I believe is a very early on "white" by some details, have no manual, only a serial number that we believe by magnifying glass reads P(underscored) 21388 in a 5 drawer coffin top cabinet type and has a cast treadle assembly with a stamped April 13, 1879 PAT.Jan (10 or 16) 1803. On the crossarm the letters CBR in old calligraphy scroll. Has delicate red, gold, flowers and leaf designs on the head,also
on the flat resting floor. Have searched many other sites on goggle, and have contacted the 800 toll free white number to no avail with the listed serial number as read under the front slide bar etched into the casing. Need help or suggestions as truthfully verify the vintage of this famil antique! Thanks, granniewhite
granniewhite is offline  
Old 06-07-2015, 03:51 PM
  #54  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central Minnesota
Posts: 442
Default

Originally Posted by Freaky_Quilts_Dragon View Post
Davis_VS Yahoo group: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/davis_vf/ You have to be a member to see much or post, but almost everyone on it has one or more Vertical Feed machines and most of us use them The tutorial on how to clean a New Vertical Feed is invaluable - NVFs have about 100 parts (*NOT* an exaggeration) which is a LOT of parts for an antique machine. I would have been lost without it!
Is there an easy way to get around in Yahoo groups/ I try and I just end up quiting because I can't figure it out. I really do know what I am doing on a computer.
HelenAnn is offline  
Old 06-07-2015, 04:19 PM
  #55  
Power Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 15,510
Default

Originally Posted by HelenAnn View Post
Is there an easy way to get around in Yahoo groups/ I try and I just end up quiting because I can't figure it out. I really do know what I am doing on a computer.
never could remember the pass word let alone navigate... gave up... gave up on needlebar, too.
miriam is offline  
Old 06-07-2015, 04:44 PM
  #56  
Super Member
 
ArchaicArcane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Not Here
Posts: 3,817
Default

The yahoo groups were a lot easier to navigate before their new "neo" upgrade. That upgrade broke a lot of things and have frustrated a lot of people. There was even a rumor that yahoo had locked the ability for group owners to delete their groups because too many people were doing it, that's how frustrated people were. At one time it was the go to spot for any sort of sewing machine group but I know a lot of people find it just too much hassle now. As much as I dislike Facebook, I've been migrating that way for a while and I read and respond to people on the longarm group on FB but haven't even read anything on the yahoo one for months. Needlebar chased me here with their policies within about a week of joining.
ArchaicArcane is offline  
Old 06-07-2015, 05:44 PM
  #57  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Millville, NJ
Posts: 1,806
Default

Originally Posted by granniewhite View Post
Hello, just a new member now enrolled. Have what I believe is a very early on "white" by some details, have no manual, only a serial number that we believe by magnifying glass reads P(underscored) 21388 in a 5 drawer coffin top cabinet type and has a cast treadle assembly with a stamped April 13, 1879 PAT.Jan (10 or 16) 1803. On the crossarm the letters CBR in old calligraphy scroll. Has delicate red, gold, flowers and leaf designs on the head,also
on the flat resting floor. Have searched many other sites on goggle, and have contacted the 800 toll free white number to no avail with the listed serial number as read under the front slide bar etched into the casing. Need help or suggestions as truthfully verify the vintage of this famil antique! Thanks, granniewhite
Hi,

Your description doesn't ring a bell with me, perhaps someone else. A picture would really be helpful.

Good Luck
Jon
jlhmnj is offline  
Old 06-07-2015, 05:47 PM
  #58  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Millville, NJ
Posts: 1,806
Default

Originally Posted by HelenAnn View Post
Is there an easy way to get around in Yahoo groups/ I try and I just end up quiting because I can't figure it out. I really do know what I am doing on a computer.
Not wild about the new set up, but I can navigate Yahoo groups pretty well. Once you get on the homepage there's a search bar for past conversations. I really don't like how they "hide" some important functions like Files, Links, and the Database.

Jon
jlhmnj is offline  
Old 06-07-2015, 06:07 PM
  #59  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Millville, NJ
Posts: 1,806
Default

The Needlebar has the ultimate in sewing machine picture library, hard not to come across if researching vintage or antique machines:

http://www.needlebar.org/

Invaluable info.
Jon
jlhmnj is offline  
Old 06-08-2015, 02:07 PM
  #60  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2
Default

knew that would be required, so will attend to that shortly. I will snap a shot of the "logo" plate near the right hand side by the wheel. Found flower decals very similar, can't match the lettering as stated in 1st inquiry. Saw some older machines that illustrated the center mechanism on the cross arm which this machine does have. The shuttle and spool look similar to your member picture as well. Will snap a shot as well. Thanks for taking the time to respond! GW
granniewhite is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
callie8799
Main
10
06-07-2012 03:02 PM
natalieg
Main
4
12-09-2010 05:59 PM
CRH
Main
11
11-07-2010 06:13 AM
craftybear
Links and Resources
0
05-01-2010 10:52 PM
Quiltgrrl
Links and Resources
0
04-20-2009 07:19 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter


SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.