Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Fleetwood 6100

Fleetwood 6100

I just picked up fleetwood 6100 machine, with cams but no instruction manual. An online search has resulted in a resounding zilch, other than it is a post-war Japanese import and maybee made by Necchi. Hums along, but I cant figure out how to change the cams - luckily, it was threaded at the thrift store! ANY information would be welcomed!

TeaHess,

Can you post a good clear picture of the front of the machine? With that I'm pretty sure someone here can help get it figured out.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Do the cams just pull up and out? Trial and error most likely
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

I will try to get a good photo and post it. The cams go behind a little round door on the front of the machine that pivots up. It is clear with a rhinestone in the center (?!?)

photo of the fleetwood 6100

Name:  023.JPG
Views: 584
Size:  644.0 KBHere she is. Beautiful, but confusing!

the oh-so- elegant cam door:
    Name:  022.JPG
Views: 490
Size:  635.3 KB

Blog Entries
    Teahess, can you post a pic with that cover all the way open?
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Oh, I WANT that reverse.... WOW

Well, I'd start with the stitch width control on "0" which it is. Then open the door and see if the cam will come out by pulling on it. If not then I'd see what that chrome lever at the 7:00 position of the stitch width know did. I suspect it's either a friction held cam, or there is an ejector feature in one of the controls.

Joe

Blog Entries
    You might also want the zig zag not to zig zag when you change the disks.
    Most cams/disks are friction

Ok, opened the cam door all the way to get a good photo, and it kept snapping back down to where you see it. I finally gave it a firm push clockwise, there was a small click, and I was able to pull the cam out with just a gentle tug! I have tried out two of the decorative cams (it has about a dozen) and will need to fiddle with the tension a bit, but I am loving this machine! Amazingly clean inside, and the reverse really is great! I would love more info on it if anyone has it, and I will continue to look for a manual. Best part is, it was $35!

I like it too. Don't let my wife see it, she'll slobber all over the key board when she sees all those cams. Don't you just love it when things turn out to be really simple?

And I agree, I love that reverse.

Joe

Thank you to everyone - I spent a non- productive but quite enjoyable evening playing with my new machine!

Hi, I went on line and found a site called: www.manualsonline.com that you can download for free. I didn't have the model number to type in where they asked for the model number. You can go there and see if there IS a manual for this machine. Please let me know if you find one. Thanks, Mary

P.S. It is really a beautiful machine and looks new and hardly used.
    Last edited by maryb44662; 03-25-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    YAY! I'm glad you got it figured out!!

That's a seriously cool machine...I'da bought it in a heartbeat!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

I found another site that you may be interested in too: http://www.sewingmachinereviewer.com...g-machine.html See if this will help you. Mary

Mary - thank you for the links! No go on the manual, but I will keep looking. The history is interesting, and seems to confirm that this was a post-war Japanese machine ( the Japanese script molded into the base of the case leads me to believe that this is true as well). I am going to look at a Singer 15 manual and see how they compare...

Blog Entries
    TeaHess, that's not a 15 clone.... check into a Kenmore manual, or a White... the more I see the photos of that machine, the more I want one! LOL!

WOW, she is stunning in blue and white. Or is it teal and cream? And you have all those goodies, lucky you.
    Sweet Caroline

Ok, so my sweet little Fleetwood developed a clatter, and I took her into the shop. Frank took one look at her and declared she was a 'real beauty'! Of course she is! Not only that, he was familiar with the machine. Made by a company in Connecticut which was eventually bought by Janome. She is a commercial machine, hence the fab reverse. Frank gave me a lecture about using cheap thread (DON'T) and said all she needed was a little grease and oil. The clatter was from an under-lubricated shaft. He also carries accessories that fit! I am in sewing machine heaven....
    ​tea