Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Found a Pfaff 130 in a Dominion Secretary cabinet today

Beautiful!
    My Pfaff 130 is in a cabinet with mid-century modern handles, but not nearly as nice condition as yours.
    I recall a few visits to the farm by a sewing machine repair whose shop was about 40 miles away. My mother would be so upset, because whatever problem she was having wouldn't show up much while he was there, and it seemed like a wasted trip. She and dad would usually be able to fix most of the problems.
    Dayle

Quote Originally Posted by Daylesewblessed View Post
    Beautiful!
    My Pfaff 130 is in a cabinet with mid-century modern handles, but not nearly as nice condition as yours.
    I recall a few visits to the farm by a sewing machine repair whose shop was about 40 miles away. My mother would be so upset, because whatever problem she was having wouldn't show up much while he was there, and it seemed like a wasted trip. She and dad would usually be able to fix most of the problems.
    Dayle
    Isn't that the way it always works? I can't count the number of times I've had clients (I'm in IT) say well, "it wasn't working til you got here... " I can't tell you how many times my car's done that. DH and I fix most of what goes wrong on the car, but it likes to play games sometimes. Will only misbehave for one of us, not both.

I guess I was just surprised that the machine would be built into the cabinet like that in a machine built in the 1950s. I thought that the day of the sewing machine house call was less common then, but I was wrong. In truth, the people who ran the Singer store here til last year still made some house calls, to the seniors especially. They would take the machine back to the shop though and then bring it back finished.

That's a beautiful machine and so is the cabinet. I have that cabinet, got it and the machine at an auction for $2.50, BUT unfortunately someone painted the cabinet, so it's on my list to refinish.

ArchaicArcane, how do you like the Pfaff 130 now?

Anyone else have an opinion of their Pfaff 130 to offer?
    ​Sheri

$65 for that machine is a steal! Beautiful.

Hi Tammi, How nice that this thread was bumped - such a gorgeous machine! I noticed that the photo of the underside looks -SO- much like my Anker Phoenix 429 which is said to be a Pfaff knock off. Would you mind taking a photo of the underside of the bobbin area, and also of the bobbin case ? I would just be curious to know how much of a clone mine is. Does yours have that funny pig tailly bobbin case, for example? Mine is zig zag only, no coffee grinder. Though I guess it would be a Pfeffer Grinder... ;-)
    -Cecilia. Tinkering more than stitching, really.

First time I've seen this thread. The cabinet looks just like the Singer cabinet I want. What a great find!
    Rodney
    "Neglect to oil the machine will shorten its life and cause you

trouble and annoyance" Quote from Singer Model 99 Manual

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2