German Toy Sewing Machine

Old 11-12-2021, 04:00 AM

Default German Toy Sewing Machine

My friend has a treasured, toy sewing machine that appears to make a chain stitch and is probably for the 1920s. I can't figure out how to include images of it, but it is very similar to the Casige toy machines. It has decals, but the only marking is "Made in Germany". there is no Eagle & Key logo or number on the throat plate. Any information or direction would be helpful for her.

Last edited by Knitterpam; 11-12-2021 at 04:04 AM.
Old 11-12-2021, 06:28 AM

While I do have some toy machines, none are German. I'm wondering if maybe it is a Muller, since it does not have the Casige logo. Some can be seen at https://sewalot.com/muller_0.htm

We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Or simply - Make sure pictures are smaller than 2MB
Click on red "Reply" button
Click on the paper clip icon
Click browse - choose picture/s. (only 5 allowed per post)
Once they show up as being loaded, Scroll over to the right side and click on "Upload"
After the pictures show up as being attached, you can close that window and go back to the screen to finish posting your post.

March 2021 Pincushion Swap

If you have an iphone, you go to hit the red "reply" button on this thread, then on the bottom of the typing box, there is a button called "manage attachments" under "additional options" and "attach files". you select the "manage Attachments button, then a new page pops up, and it allows you to select up to 5 photos. you select the "choose file" button, then select "photo library", it opens your photos, then you select your photo, and on the bottom of the photo it will ask if you want the actual size, touch that, and a pop up screen comes up, you select smallest (otherwise it won't load because its too big), then it goes back to the "choose file" page and you have to touch the "upload" button on the far right side, then once it is uploaded, also on the far right hand side, you select "close this window" (that one is hard to see, its above the upload button), then you are back to your reply, and you select " submit reply." and waaaa laaaa, your reply shows up with the photo.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 11-12-2021, 07:23 AM

Thank you so much for helping me remember how to upload. Am now crossing fingers that it actually WORKED!
Attached Thumbnails 20211111_084145_resized.jpg   20211111_084025_resized.jpg   20211111_084042_resized.jpg  
Old 11-14-2021, 08:13 AM

Good sewing machine are around the internet

Last edited by patricej; 11-14-2021 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-14-2021, 09:34 AM

It sure looks like a Muller, but I can't find how to confirm.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 11-15-2021, 01:07 AM

Thank you for the helpful replies. The piercing of the base flange doesn't match any of the Muller models that I have found pictures for, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the company that made my friend's toy. Based on the dates associated with this type of toy, the 1920s would fit, but it could be older. If anyone has additional information, please reach out.
Old 11-15-2021, 05:51 AM

I wonder if there is a toy sewing machine group on facebook?
bkay
Old 11-15-2021, 07:26 AM

Yes, there is a FB group! With files and manuals, too .They ID'd my toy as a Miller, Pre-WW2.
Try Toy and Mini Sewing Machines, or Mini and Toy...

Old 11-15-2021, 08:02 AM

MY Casige is labeled with a made in Germany US zone . Give me a tight idea of when it was made. Still the same basic design.
Old 11-15-2021, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by WIChix View Post
Yes, there is a FB group! With files and manuals, too. They ID'd my toy as a Muller, Pre-WW2.
Try Toy and Mini Sewing Machines, or Mini and Toy...
Muller, not Miller.