Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
HELP diagram on foot/pedal cord for kenmore 1750 >

HELP diagram on foot/pedal cord for kenmore 1750

HELP diagram on foot/pedal cord for kenmore 1750

Old 08-11-2014, 11:06 PM

Post HELP diagram on foot/pedal cord for kenmore 1750

please i need help i have a KENMORE 1750 SEWING MACHINE that was having trouble turning on,i had to be moving around the power cable around so i took the screws off and one of the plugs was loose so i solder it,but when i got up to get the screwdriver my cat was playing with the wires so know i dont know which goes where i was looking at one of you're diagrams but it dose'nt tell you negative or positive and i don't understand it can you please help me please!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails photo-5.jpg   photo-2-1-.jpg   photo-1-2-.jpg   photo-2-2-.jpg   photo-3-1-.jpg  

photo-4-1-.jpg   photo-5-1-.jpg  
Old 08-12-2014, 03:36 PM

welcome to the QB. No idea! I hope some mechanical brain can help you out.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:46 PM

you need to include the motor to figure this out - since it goes in the middle of the plug and the foot control.

Basically you make a circle. One line from the Plug is going to go to the motor. one line to the controller. the other line from the controler goes to the motor. And in some cases, you'll have another set from the plug to the light -so it gets power seperate from the foot control.
Normally in a case like this - one of those pins isn't going to have a live connection inside the machine - while the other two go to the motor.

So one from the pedal goes to one from the motor - one from the plug goes to one from the motor - and the other two (one from pedal, one from plug) go together at the pin that does not have a run to the motor.

If you think that is fun - try wiring in a 4 way light circuit - three switches and a light fixture.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:49 PM

opps - since you know which one has one and two - you'll need to see if one inside the machine also goes to the light - and that would indicate which of the "singles" get the power (to the light) and which does not.

Hook it up one way, if you plug it in and the motor takes off - you have it the wrong way.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:55 PM

Joe,

If no one has changed anything the plug is wired: #1 has one power wire and one foot control wire, #2 has the other
power wire, and #3 has the other foot control wire.

The receptical on the machine is wired: #1 has one wire from the light, #2 has the other wire from the light and a wire from the motor, #3 has the other wire from the motor.

This is standard on White brand machines and White made Kenmores. Some times they are labeled BLK/ BLACK (#1), RED (#2), and WHITE(#3).
Old 08-13-2014, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by yayaluxurious View Post
please i need help i have a KENMORE 1750 SEWING MACHINE that was having trouble turning on,i had to be moving around the power cable around so i took the screws off and one of the plugs was loose so i solder it,but when i got up to get the screwdriver my cat was playing with the wires so know i dont know which goes where i was looking at one of you're diagrams but it dose'nt tell you negative or positive and i don't understand it can you please help me please!!!!!
I have a diagram that I found I will try and find it again and pm you.