Help with my Seamstress

Old 03-26-2013, 05:47 AM

Default Help with my Seamstress

Good morning.

I need to locate some parts for my old Seamstress sewing machine. It has been tentatively identified as an Expert B.T. Vibrator, 3/4 size. The machine is dismantled at the moment for cleaning and oiling. I need to find the front slide plate, a stitch length thumb screw, an Automatic Spooler friction wheel (rubber or fabric) for the bobbin winder, another bobbin or two would be great (little metal ones that look like a stick with a disc on either end), and I have heard tell of a cloth guide and thumb screw. Advice on something to clean old grime from the body without totally removing what is left of the decals would be very appreciated, as well as a solution to rust on the bed.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails dscf0397.jpg   dscf0433.jpg  
Old 09-06-2013, 06:24 PM

I have a Seamstress Vibrator that's complete except for the motor control. It turns over easy, and there's a good chance it runs. I was going to insert a few pictures, but couldn't get them in. It hasn't been cleaned yet, but the gold trim looks great. If you want to contact me I'll forward you the pictures. I like the hand crank on your Seamstress, I have a few Singer 28's with the hand cranks. Cheers David