Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
HELP!! Vintage ZA 350 Brother (non electronic) question..Anyone??? >

HELP!! Vintage ZA 350 Brother (non electronic) question..Anyone???

HELP!! Vintage ZA 350 Brother (non electronic) question..Anyone???

Old 07-14-2012, 05:10 PM

Default HELP!! Vintage ZA 350 Brother (non electronic) question..Anyone???

Hi, I'm hoping someone here will be able to advise the best course of action...My sister picked up this machine, a Brother ZA 350... I took it apart as far as I could replace all...My brother in law took it apart further and found the problem...a shredded gear behind the ocillating bobbin/feeddogs...he was able to remove it...everything is fine so far...oiled everything that needed to be done but he felt he had to really clean it better...He removed the shaft that the bobbin casing? sits in/on ..wiped it clean...oiled it and hammered it back in place...now the shaft/pin will not turn...should I try to get parts for this machine or just sell it for parts??? I spoke with Brother and they do not have replacement parts for it...the rep didn't even know the machine...said that the VX 810 had the same parts ...not so. the 810 has a drop in bobbin..the ZA 350 has an oscillating bobbin. Honchey
Old 07-15-2012, 06:36 AM

Part it out. A hammer has no place on a sewing machine repair bench. A rubber mallet - yes. A hammer - no.