Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to dress a naked Singer

Great post- though I was expecting some discussion of leg garters and lace. Seems you have quite a rescue addiction going! Your tutorials are fantastic, and the pics really help me understand the process. Thank you very much.

Leg garters and lace, hmmmm, I'll have to work that in one of these times.

Joe

Very nice job! Love seeing the whole process in pictures.
    I have a screw driver and YouTube--I can fix it!

Thanks for showing us what you did to the machine, now if I run into a lonely little 99, I won't be afraid to grab it.

Blog Entries
    Joe is good with the cute responses--perhaps you saw his answer to my jumping up and down fit when a friend of mine GAVE me a Singer Rocketeer a month or so ago......hahahahah. And BTW, I almost have it running, even though not fixed. Too complicated for the likes of me. Just sewing is enough for me.
    Make every day count for something!

JoAnn

JoAnn,

A year ago I thought a Singer 66 treadle machine was a demonically inhabited piece of black magic and you needed a exorcist on retainer before you could look inside one. What I found out is that "most" of the old machines are incredibly simple.
    The 50s and 60s ZZ machines are simple too, but not like the old SS machines. You've just got to take the covers and plates off and play with the controls as you watch what they do. Eventually you'll get the idea of what pieces do what when you move which control. Oh yeah, each thingy will usually have about three functions.
    The ones that really get complicated are the ones with built in cams. In those each thingy usually has four functions.

So you just gotta grit your teeth and jump right in.

We've got over 30 .... or 40 machines and I have only one I haven't been able to diagnose yet. Well, two, but one is being a cranky old Kenmore and the other one has been messed with by someone with a cabinet screwdriver and a case of stupids. I'll get 'em figgered out eventually.

Joe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2