Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: I've fallen in love.... (301a)

Blog Entries
    Let's see Belfry, let's see!
    I agree if you aren't comfortable cleaning/repairing the machine yourself it's really important to get one in good working order. It was nice to see someone posted on this thread that they have dealt with your seller in the past and had good things to say about them. So.....let's see!
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

OK -- here she is. I wanted to wait until I could get outside to photograph her. I am really happy with this machine. The only issue remaining (and it is a small one) is the extension table won't stay raised. No matter how hard I tighten the front screw as soon as I lift the table, the screw loosens. I'm going to see if I can't get a different screw from the Singer dealer.
    Name:  Blue 301a front.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  201.3 KB
    Name:  blue 301a rear.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  164.0 KB

I really like that color. Back in the 60s I used to use Sheaffer Deluxe Royal blue fountain pen ink. It was very similar in color to your machine.

Joe

Is there a washer behind the screw? There should be. Maybe the washer has been flipped. If you remove the screw and turn over the washer and retighten, you may see a difference.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3