Machine Shed Update

Old 12-26-2014, 06:18 PM

Cathy, that looks very nice and most of us are envious! Your cats are so pretty, too--how many do you have? I think I counted 7 or 8, unless there are duplicates. I imagine they are a huge help, out in that countryside.
Old 12-26-2014, 08:43 PM

The weather has been nice for getting stuff done.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Cogito View Post
Very nice looking building! We have been discussing putting a metal bldg. up for a "hobby shop". This is incentivizing.

haha! I just looked at your pic again and there are 4 kitties! The first two Tim's I looked I did not see the one on top of the sawhorse. Lol! Sweet kitties.
I see five kitties in the last photo.
And is that a sewing machine cabinet or a table saw?
I agree with the conduit. We always experienced cold breezes blowing in around the light fixtures and outlets. When I helped my daughter insulate her new house, we made sure each hole that had a wire going through it, also had some insulation stuffed into that hole. In the house I live in how, I did most of the insulating myself, and there are not too many stray breezes in here. My oil man used to tell me that he was amazed at how little fuel oil I bought for this big old farm house. Now we have geothermal, so it costs even less to heat, and we get free hot water and free air conditioning.

Last edited by maviskw; 12-27-2014 at 05:59 AM.
Old 12-27-2014, 06:50 AM

Cats. . . most of those in the pictures are a double batch of kittens my husband got this spring. We were down to two outdoor cats - middle aged boys (neutered) brothers, both orange, one long hair and one short hair.

My husband was chatting with a neighbor that we didn't have many cats - and neighbor offered some. DH went to their farm and came home with eight! We lost one this fall, and a week later picked up a stray, another grey stripped cat. Thought it was a girl, but the sex change fairy showed up (notorious with rabbits) and now it's a boy, and we think neutered. This is the one that was in the ditch and when we stopped for the sign, came running up to the van. I opened the door and it jumped in so we brought it home. Keep in mind we live rural, this was not in a populated area.

Yesterday we got the summer kitchen side cleaned up and put back together from where it was demo'd to remove the old building. Next step is to move the cat door. Then I'm going to haul the 56 silverware cases out there for storage so I can get to my Long Arm HandiQuilter!

I have my industrial BlindHemmer out there, and another small generic cabinet, along with the dismantled stand for the industrial Hemstitcher (machine is in the house).

I plan on having a back to back row of treadle machines in the center, and electric and treadle machines along the walls. I will also have display shelves for teh extras, and for the cases that I'll store my attachments in.
Old 12-27-2014, 07:11 AM
Power Poster

That all sounds dreamy- cat story included
Old 12-27-2014, 09:38 AM

Same here from me, stitchnripper. You have a lovely space, Macybaby, and for me, cats, the more the merrier. A long time ago, when DH couldn't say no to me, we had 19.....down to one inside and one outside now.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:37 AM

Looks great !! I'm sure you will have it full in no time.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:50 AM

Very nice and furnished with fur babies already! You've done some thoughtful planning. Thanks for sharing. It's good to see the progress!
Old 12-28-2014, 07:31 AM

Very nice. All your hard work will pay off, when you're sitting down enjoying your new space. So lets talk about the cats, how did you get them to help? They even use ladders!!! Mine just lays around and waits for me to wait on them. What have I done wrong???
Old 12-28-2014, 03:09 PM

This looks like a great idea! anxious to see the completion.