Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Machine use

I use all my vintage machines...which ever one strikes my fancy when I start a project. My newest machine which I bought a year ago was a brother embroidery machine. It was new and I had to have one....funny thing is I haven't even read the book and It is sitting on the counter with a cover on it and I haven't even threaded it. This year I am going to learn how to use it. I have 2 featherweights, a pfaff 101 Treadle, a 15 year old pfaff (I consider my new machine), a singer 301, a pfaff 130 circa 1950, and a viking mega quilter ( at least 15 years old), and a Kenmore crinkle 1947 or48. I have six permanent sewing stations with machines all set up. I initially put diffent color thread in each machine with matching bobbins ( I did more general sewing when I started...now I almost always just quilt). I just pick one to make a quilt on and start. Each machine has it's better quality, but I just like the durability with all of them. I usually clean them myself, but occasionally they did a more expert attention. I have a service person who is semi retired and I must have been his first customer because no matter what is wrong the charge is always the same $20.00 and parts which he usually robs from a parts machine donor. It is a perfecty solution for me.

I use my vintage machines mostly for piecing and garment making. Quilting is my HV Sapphire 875's job, she has a 10" throat; also for decorative stitching(175 of them). I have 4 treadles set up all the time,6 heads share the 3 Singer cabinets. The Pfaff treadle is the newest acquisition, lovely machine in pristine condition too.
    My electric machines are Singer 4 Featherweights,two 301s,a 306W(waiting for a spa treatment),Berninas 930 and 1031,Pfaff 1222E. Most of them get used at some point.
    Last edited by purplefiend; 10-30-2012 at 08:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2